FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Wife cheated for 8 years but still loves me??

Saltyfish
Community Member

Back in April 2020 I found out my wife had been cheating on me with her former boss after a dick pic was sent to my 15 year old daughter’s MacBook ( linked account with my wife) My daughter had the courage to tell me which I’m grateful for. After confronting my wife she admitted the affair. I’ve been living in a personal hell since. I did try to speak to a now ex friend but he let his feelings be known when he stuck his fingers in his ears and said he didn’t want to hear it. I don’t have anyone else I can talk to that I trust and can’t afford counseling so I go crazy in silence. My wife doesn’t want me to leave and says she still loves me. I used to feel the raw pain when I first found out but that is now rather subdued.I really want to expose him to his wife but I’m not sure how to go above it. She is a very good person and deserves to know the truth. I’m trying to move on with my life and maybe my marriage but can’t until the truth comes out. If I leave I’ll lose out big time with the divorce as the system is so heavily in favour of the female. My wife still acts the same around me as she did for all those years so I’m confused about how to move forward. This year will be our 25th wedding anniversary but I’m not so sure if that will eventuate. I live in Perth and the only help around here comes with a price tag. Any suggestions would be welcome.

11 Replies 11

Hi EM,

Thank you for your kind words. It’s nice to know there is support out there. The incredible betrayal is the worst feeling of all. My kids are my priority but I will be happy again.

Hi Salty,

I dont want to go into to much detail but I can tell you from experience it is possible to make a relationship work after infidelity.

I'm not going to pretend it is easy but it is possible. Best bet is definelty talk to a GP to get a mental health plan so you can see a psych etc. Even just as a sounding board its great to get everything out of your head.

I wish you the very best in which ever direction you choose. Never forget that it is your choice and not hers now.