FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

walked out on wife and 2 kids last Sunday

Robert2
Community Member

Hi walked out on wife and 2 kids last Sunday have seen different councillor for last 2 years always getting told by wife I am worst than before going.was trying to be the man she wanted. Only thing I could do was to walk away.

thi is not what I wanted but felt I had to leave 

I have given up jobs for her to succeed even moved to far north qld for her job.there is not much up here in support either so I am hoping to get some sound advice from here.

22 Replies 22

Robert2
Community Member
Hi the grand parents live 2000 Kim away she will be away app2 weeks and over my weekend as I still only get her for 2 night a fortnight I have paid for mediation to get a better parenting plan

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

dear Robert, it would be a costly flight to travel 2000 km there and back, and as Pipsy has said for a law company on a no win no fee basis I hope that this amount is refundable, but I sure that this doesn't happen.

You're right if you know what's going to happen don't hesitate. Geoff.

pipsy
Community Member
Hi Robert.  That sounds suspiciously like interstate.  Not sure if she can do that.  I would get some legal advice a.s.a.p.  Who's footing the bill for the g'parents trip?  I wouldn't agree to anything involving interstate.  As Geoff says flying 2000km's is costly.  Mediation sounds great, in theory as long as you both agree.  Who pays for that?  I would basically dot all your i's and cross all your t's, make sure you do everything strictly by the book.  Keep records of any and all correspondence with your wife.  Don't play 'dirty', play by the book.  Let her make the mistakes.