FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

walked out on wife and 2 kids last Sunday

Robert2
Community Member

Hi walked out on wife and 2 kids last Sunday have seen different councillor for last 2 years always getting told by wife I am worst than before going.was trying to be the man she wanted. Only thing I could do was to walk away.

thi is not what I wanted but felt I had to leave 

I have given up jobs for her to succeed even moved to far north qld for her job.there is not much up here in support either so I am hoping to get some sound advice from here.

22 Replies 22

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

dear Robert, I understand your loss and how you are feeling, whereas Pipsy is only too pleased to be away from m/d and the constant ostracisation and dominance that her husband put on her.

Robert please know that for awhile your relationship and contact with your wife maybe a bit cool to start off with, just as it was for me, but after a break apart our communication got better, but I must admit at the moment she won't talk to me over nothing, but hopefully it will change.

I hope that your visitation rights will extend, and all of this really depends on what they say to your wife, wanting to stay with you. Geoff.

pipsy
Community Member

Hi Robert.  Did you actually speak to your wife about having your daughter stay, or is your daughter old enough to say for herself.  This is going to be hard (if you DO have your daughter).  Try not to 'bag' her mum to her at all.  Whatever she says about her mum, either change the subject, or take a genuine interest.  Let your daughter know you do still love her mum.  She may 'bag' you, try to ignore, this is mum 'getting back' at you, and quite normal.  Estranged spouses unfortunately often use children against each other (not saying you or ex will), but it does happen.  If you are successful in having daughter, I hope you have a really enjoyable visit.  If things between you and ex are awkward re: visitation, is there somewhere neutral you could collect daughter.   Any bridges that have to be rebuilt have to be built by both of you. 

Best of luck for you in this visit with daughter.

Robert2
Community Member

Hi things have gone bad. Can she send an email requesting I send her a list by a set date with a list of things I want.

pipsy
Community Member

Hi Robert.  Is she going away, in which case I suppose she wants you to get whatever you want before she goes.  If you don't have a key to the house, I would suggest you comply.  If you're not sure of where you stand legally, I would suggest you see a lawyer.  Because I don't know anything about property law, that would be your best bet.  When I left my ex, I did have some problems, because he fought me on what he thought I should take.  You are both entitled to half the property.  If you have tools you want, I would suggest you take them.  Contact her by email, phone or whatever and arrange to get what you want.  Don't give her any arguments unless a third party (not related to you) is there. 

Good luck.

Robert2
Community Member

Hey does ant one know where I can get instant lawyer help

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

dear Robert, I can just say how sorry I feel for you, because going through separation or divorce can be one hell of a of trauma, arguing about what you want and she wants.

To look for instant help I would go to one of these lawyer companies that offer 'no win no fee', and if you do them I would just hold back on emailing her.

If she doesn't want to get involved with lawyers then an ami

pipsy
Community Member
Hi Geoff.  Not knocking you and please don't be offended.  If Robert doesn't answer his wife, a.s.a.p. via email, text, she could get nasty enough to change locks (if she hasn't already done so).  I agree with you re: lawyers advise, but, at the same time, try to play her way till he's gotten advice.  I did suggest if he does see her, he should do so on neutral ground or in the presence of third party, (not involved).  If third party is related to either of them, they will be prejudiced either for her or him.  Whatever happens, I do think he should keep a diary for records or any problems.  At the moment, she's holding all the cards, she has house, kids, car everything.  Robert will have to 'dance to her tune' a bit, till he gets legal advice.  I'm having similar problems with ex at the moment.         

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni
dear Pipsy, I hope this reply goes through because I'm on windows 10 and it has too many problems, but yes I agree with you, and please you won't offend me, so never worry. Geoff. x

Robert2
Community Member

Ok spent the $220 to spoke with lawyer.ex want Alla to go with grand parents for two weeks.

with now return date .her work contracts finishes in January.my answers will be no 

thanks for the reply everyone. Submit legal aid paperwork 5-10'days. All I can say to anyone else don't wait thinking things might work out get advice asap don wait

pipsy
Community Member
Hi there.  Surprised you had to pay for legal advice after suggestion of 'no win no pay' lawyer.  At least you've applied for 'legal aid'.  Are Alla's  g'parents interstate?  I know your ex can't let kids go too far away without your permission.  Try not to be too bitter (realize how hard it is), but bitterness might lead to you to make a hasty decision you'll regret, later.  I hope things work out for the best for you.  Did you manage to take your daughter at all?