FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Announcement Icon
You can win one of three $200 gift cards. Complete our survey by 5pm, 30 June 2024 AEST to enter the draw. Your response will be anonymous so you can't be identified.

trying saving 24 years, post infidelity.

Guest_5236
Community Member

My Wife & i have been together 24 yrs & married 20. we have 3 amazing children 16,14 & 12. all blissfully unaware of the torment im feeling.

my wife (W) has been rock solid for all 24 yrs until recently, we both work,i myself do a standard 40 hr week & she works 3 days a week in the care industry, it is during this time that she has come into contact with a gentleman (AP) affair partner & formed an emotional & physical relationship together.

3 weeks ago i was away for the w/end catching up with a mate out west. i called home for the morning goss & my youngest answered i asked to speak with (W) & she said she wasn't home after dropping our eldest off to work @ 7am that morning, thats ok i rang her mobile had a chat & she said she was shopping for the kids & just browsing, i asked which shops & she struggled a little & i had a awful feeling, one think about have 3 teens is we all have find my phone & we are all aware of it. i checked it & it showed her at her work clients address i ask what she was doing at AP's but denied being there until i mentioned find my phone. so i asked to facetime her & she hung up on me, i tried to call a few time to no avail. i was 3 hrs drive away but heading back instead of the catchup. she called back apologetic say she didn't want me to be mad about visiting a client out of hrs, she had visited 2 weeks earlier but did tell me on her way out the do, which i was concerned for her job about. this guy was old & lonely. we are in our 40's he was late 60's to 70. Drank & smoked like crazy & was constantly lewd with his comments. 1 i was always cautious for her safety. anyway she smoothed me over on my drive home & spoke about the lie & deception long into the night. but resolved all the same. that was Sunday.

she was rostered to attend to him twice that week & it felt like a normal week outside my discomfort about being lied to. on Friday her phone rang a mobile no. i picked it up off the bench but she wouldn't answer it while i was there just said it was a telemarketer. so i put down as soon as i did she picked it up & went to delete the number which i found odd, & from then on my world unfolded & sent me into an obis of hurt, pain, panic anxiousness & then emptiness over the next 4-5 day she held me in this world of Torment!

3 Replies 3

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion
Hi, welcome

I think if I placed myself in this situation I would need to be really certain of all the facts so my partner has zero possibility to counter my claims. As a ex PI I know many people resort to collecting all information possible for this reason.

I wouldn't knee jerk at all. If your emotions make you intolerant of sharing a bed then if possible move to another room at least for a while. My message is that a lot is at stake and early reactions aren't always the wise ones.

Having said that we all have our limits and that is a wide spectrum.

I hope you are ok. During such stressful times we can't change our thinking from what it always should be, the care of our childten. You are needed and loved , so stay strong.

You can also contact DADS IN DISTRESS

Repost anytime

TonyWK

Guest909
Community Member

Welcome

Was there a "part two" to your first post. I recall reading something in "part two" that went on to say that your wife admitted to the affair. Did I get that right, or am I slowly losing my sanity?

cheers

Guest_3256
Community Member

Hi buddy.

I am really sorry that you feel hurt, upset and confused.

• Have you talked to her about how you feel?