FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Support

Rainbowdino
Community Member

Hi guys, I’m new here and I’ve been trying to get help and support in a few things that my bestfriend brought to my attention recently but I haven’t been very successful in that.

i need help with not spamming my friends with messages when they are busy or don’t want to talk, but also oversharing about my family life and what’s going on at home. But I also need help with my anxiety and my eating issues 

2 Replies 2

Sophie_M

Hi Rainbowdino, 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for your openness in sharing your story. It’s a really good place to have come to hear from others who understand what you’re going through. We can hear that you've had a lot going on but you recognise it's time to reach out, that takes real bravery. 

It's great that you are able to share with your friends how you are feeling but it's dificult when we sometimes need more reassurance than those around us are able to give. Please know your feelings are valid and it can be helpful to talk through what you’re feeling right now, we’d highly recommend calling the Beyond Blue Support Line on 1300 22 4636. The counsellors there are super kind and supportive, they’re understanding and can be good to talk to right in the midst of the anxiety symptoms. You can also reach them via web chat.  

Our community will be able to relate to a lot of what you’ve been going through and be able to share some of the methods that have helped them. You mentioned you'd like help for your eating issues, our friends at the Butterfly National Helpline have many helpful resources on their website that may be helpful to you. Here’s some resources from our website that might help with your anxiety: 

The Beyond Blue pages on treatments for anxiety 

Some strategies for managing anxiety  

Thanks again for sharing. We’re here to listen and offer support, and you never know how your story might help someone else. 

Kind regards, 

Sophie M 

Thank you for the reply, I am looking at everything I can possibly do to get help as I know I need help but it’s kinda hard to call helplines as I don’t really want my family to know that I am reaching out for help