FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Struggling with motherhood

PS03
Community Member

Hi

I do not know how to say this or if I will be judged for saying this - I hate being a mother. I am a mother of a one year old and a 4 years old and I love my children. But being a mother is a constant struggle- every day and every night. Sometimes I feel I wasn’t meant to be a mother. I had a great life before kids. I miss those days. I am miserable and my kids see this and I am terrified that it will affect my kids mentally and emotionally. I want to scream and throw things and I can’t do this.

12 Replies 12

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

PSO3

I can see it does change over the years. I was in denial about bipolar up until my youngest was 2. Some days it took me all day to get us ready for the park. If your chi,Daren know you love them and they are well fed and get sleep have clean clothes and get to play and be creative. I had a big box of grew ups just cheap things I got from the op shops and my children would be busy for ages. Really any thing they like doing and can do without creating a mess , gives you a little break, even putting on tv or computer. I figured watching a bit of tv was better than me getting mad at my children.

Writing saved me and my children.

We all change when we become parents. you will be more patient and caring.

Look at all the things you do for your children rather than worrying about what you don’t do..

Quirky

Snowy1310
Community Member
I relate to this on so many levels ....I hate that I yell at my children and that my 4 year old asks why I’m always sad....I have 5 children and only developed this after my 3rd , I feel like the most selfish person in the world and my moods affect my whole household ....I’m desperate to take the steps to change and be a happy mother ....my 13 year old has grown up with me being like this and I see the affect it’s having on her ....she is amazing and understanding but it must feel awful to live amongst so much tension ....I hope we can both get the help we need xx

PS03
Community Member

I went to see my GP yesterday and told her about my struggle. She is fantastic. But I had to cut my chat short as my 1 year old was crying his eyes out.that was my only adult conversation I had in last few weeks ( except with my husband) and that was cut short to 5 mins. Thank you kiddo!

Why do kids want to sleep in on a Kindy morning but are wide awake at 5 am on a no kindy day?

Rant over

Having a very dark day 😭