Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Announcement Icon
You can win one of three $200 gift cards. Complete our survey by 5pm, 30 June 2024 AEST to enter the draw. Your response will be anonymous so you can't be identified.

Struggling Mom| Ignored Spouse | Broken Daughter | Fallen Individual

Community Member

Hi, I resonate with you all, please accept my respect and love , all of you, for standing and battling on.If we are here, this means we are still trying , and that is a symbol of Boldness itself.

About me, I always thought I was great at struggling and recovering,but today I am feeling the pangs on anxiety.

I cannot breathe, I cannot rest, I lost appetite, I am in a state of mind constantly terrified.


Husband want to take our son to his country, to visit his parents, for a week or so.

He does not want to take me, because he knows conflicts will arise.

He wants to enjoy with his family and he wants his family to enjoy time with our son.

My parents have come to visit me here, which is why he has decided to go.

He even forgot the dates he planned to go are falling on my birthday . Lol.

I will NOT let me child go with his dad alone.




2 Replies 2

Hi RisingFromMyAshes,

Welcome to the Beyond Blue online forums.

We are sorry that your anxiety has caused you to feel very overwhelmed today. We recognize how brave it is to reach out here and appreciate you sharing your experiences with us. Please know that our online forums are a positive and safe space for you to continue to share your thoughts and feelings while receiving support, to help you move forward in your journey.

We’d encourage you to reach out to our Support Service if you are need of more immediate support to help you manage your physical symptoms of anxiety - 1300 22 4636 or on Webchat 3pm-12am AEST on our website: www.beyondblue.org.au/getsupport . If you are need of immediate medical support we’d urge you to call emergency services , 000.

It would be great to have you check back in when you feel up to it. You're not alone in this.

Dear RisingFromMyAshes

Hello and welcome. Not sure if your concern is about the anxiety you are experiencing or about allowing your son to leave the country without you. Sophie has made some suggestions about your anxiety. I suggest if you have concerns about your son leaving with his father that you consult a lawyer.

I do not know if your husband can take your son without your permission. Did you sign his passport or give permission when he applied for a passport? In any event you need proper legal advice on this topic. If money is a problem try the Women's Legal Service in your state.