FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

relationship breakup with bipolar girlfriend

confused68
Community Member
Hi guys.im new to this and am hoping to get some encouraging advice from those who have been through something similar.my girlfriend who has bipolar started dating april last year.All was going great and she told me about her condition straight up.Before long i met her kids 2 teenagers and her 5 year old twin girls and also her mum,dad,brother and one sister.Everything was going great,we were even going to get engaged.Things were getting serious,maybe a little too quickly.Anyway one night we arranged to meet at the pub but i decided to show up at her place and surprise her with a lift but she got really angry at me.i calmed her down and met her later at the pub but she up and left without me knowing(panic attack maybe)From this night on i noticed her moods had changed and she didnt seem to want to spend time together and she seemed to even have this aggression in her eyes.so 2 weeks later i drank with a mate and fell asleep.aAs i slept i missed 2 texts and a phone call from her.I awoke to a nasty breakup text and ended up taking a week stress leave from work.A couple of months after that we had a chat at the pub and talked about having a proper talk about reconciling.I left her but 2 hour later she caught up with me and abused me in a drunken psychotic rage.Since then her father has passed away and i have sent her the odd text and she has responded in a non aggressive way.I have most of her family on facebook and i know they really like me.I love this woman so intensely and want to contact her to have a face to face chat to reconcile.Could this work.Has anybody out there had a similar situation.I suspect she feels the same but she is very stubborn and i think i should be the one to make the move,but with the bipolar its hard to know what mood she is in.I have done a lot of research so i know what she is going through out of love and respect for her.Any advice would be much appreciated.im hoping to get encouragement.Thanks so much.
64 Replies 64

Ehya con , good to hear what's happening mate.

Yeah that's the go mate everyone's different , use what you know about her and how she ticks so l'm glad you went with that . l thought after l suggested in that last post l wish l coulda deleted it because gf and l well , we were kinda different to most so it's probably not a good example in your case but anyway .

Nice to hear to old guy felt those things to btw , l can usually tell to l don't have to know someone but what l feel about her is that she hasn't forgotten you and the family stuff like you say , would kinda back that up l agree. And yeah l wouldn't be surprised either , if she might even be nudging them to keep in touch too, bit of a way if keeping you close or whatever, sounds like it doesn't it.

Nice to hear the losers copping some flack and others are a wake up to him too, can't stand people with those kinda tendencies eh. From pams point of view mateee, yeah it woulda shook ehr up a bit on the night but yaknow,, once she realized and heard other stuff and then your letter , it's comabackable

Hey hey , Satesman huh , l awlays wanted a Statesman , never did get one. Although l'm usually a Ford man haha, but l did always like the Satesmans .

Anyway so we stay tuned eh , no worries mate , really hope it all sorts out for you guys .

Keep us posted. rx

Hey random,how's things mate?Hey i caught up with a female friend of mine,who ive known for years.I told her about old mate's little ploy to stuff me and pam up and she was disgusted.We went up to the local for a couple and saw moron up there but did well to ignore him.He kept looking over when he though we were'nt watching,but yeah i bet the rumors will start now he saw me with another woman.It was a bit awkward though.Hey the best advice i got online apart from yours about getting an ex back was on quora digest and in a lot of cases having no contact at all and self improvement like exercise,getting back into favorite hobbies andbasically keeping busy can give the ex time to think and even start missing you,so im gonna stick to that idea as they reckon in a lot of cases the ex can come back and i think this is why pam came back in the first place.Sometimes they meet someone and the new guy does'nt stack up anyway. I live on a main road and i know pam drives past all the time for appointments,hopefully that might spark some memories.I sent her daughter a birthday message and she responded straight away and i comment on her sisters facebook posts and she always replys.I left for holidays last monday with my mum and brother and im sure i saw pams car drive past mums house quite slowly so im thinking she saw something on my brothers facebook as they are still connected.I have this weird feeling she may be keeping an eye on my page too through her mums face book as im connected with her still.Maybe im just hopeful.Cant stop thinking about her though,the love i have for that woman is unconditional and i really miss the kids and being part of her family.Anyway it is what it is. Anyway mate have a good one and will talk soon Confused

Eh con how are ya mate.

Great to hear your doing well and so nice to hear of your real feelings for her too . well sorta l guess given the sitch right now with you two butttt, yaknow , gotta feel the good stuff , right.

But oh man , l really don't mean to be sounding like l'm giving any advice so to speak , it's just a few thoughts and ideas is all , use your own judgement and do what you feel is best because as l say gf. and l were different to most and we'd each do what we had to to get things going and fixed up again,But that was our way. Lifes too short for bs'g around we always thought.

Yeah see the NC stuff all over the net , l dunno man . Up to you , not my thing could go on years yaknow and l know gf could out stubborn me 10 to 1 so yaknow. Up to you

Have a nice Holiday eh , that's what l need right now .

Cheers mate. rx

Hey random.Whats doing man? Hey i saw old mate in coles carpark the other day out the corner of my eye and it seems every time i spot him he is giving me a filthy look.Good i reckon cause the more i see that the more i think pam read the letter and wiped him.Anyway this thing with pam seems to be at a stalemate.Im almost thinking about sending a text suggesting she comes over for a drink and a talk but im not sure if she has blocked my number.the only other option i reckon is another letter suggesting the sane thing and also telling her my feelings toward her.What do you think mate? Anyway just so you know from what she told me her previous relationships seemed to involve all kind of abuse,even being cheated on.I thought with me she would have had a sense of security and stability cause as i mentioned previously a lot of guys once they find out about her illness and her having little kids would run a mile.Also she lives with her mum and is close to her so im thinking she never told her about that night all that stuff went down,cause she may have thought i was some abusive psycho and would have deleted me from facebook.Since the breakup i wanted to talk to her twice about talking about things(she suggested it actually)but it never happened for some reason.But when she is angry,3 different times she said we are not getting back together,its like she is disappointed i didnt suggest it.I have a strong gut feeling she wants it back but is too stubborn or embarrassed to admit it.Anyway its a complex situation and im getting a bit over it. Cheers random hope you are going well mate. Confused ps since the letter i kinda think she might be expacting a follow up text.

Hi mate , how u doin now , thanks for the catch up.

You know , dunno about you but if l have a feeling l'm usually right so you might be too.

But l hear you with the bit over it thing , this is why l think just do it , go for it , if it's what we want because things go stale fast and people start getting wishy washy .

Sounds like it was just her anger talkin. We all talk shyt in anger right,

How're things now have you guys talked,?

Hi confused , remembered your thread and thought l'd drop back hoping to hear some news. Wow can't believe the date on the last few posts.

So how's it goin mate , did you two get back , anything been happening ?

lf you get back here and feel like it say hello eh .

Cheers mate and l hope your well.

rx

Hey random.Hows things mate?Hope youre going good.Mate my sincere apologies for my delayed reply but a lot has happened since we last chatted.In short i hit a dating site to get on with things and after about 8 dates with different women over about 18 months it looks like ive really entered into a stable loving relationship. It looks like my patience and faith have paid off and i can move forward and leave pam in my past.It has really helped to exchange emails and for that im really grateful.I did contact pam on good friday to wish her and her family a happy easter and to my surprise she returned a nice text to me so at least i got closure and am really happy with how my new relationship is going.As for that toxic ex mate who tried to ruin my life,well lets just say he won the battle but lost the war in the sense that i got to move on and be happy.I know it sounds a bit cheesy but good prevails over evil,it just takes a bit of hard work and patience.The feeling of being happy is something i almost forgot about but its awesome. Anyway mate thats enough about me how are you going?Did you ever hear back from your ex or have you met someone new?Anyway mate thanks again and ill keep writing you once in a while to keep you posted. Confused(but not anymore)

Hey con , funny forgot all about ya but your thread just popped up in my list thing. No problemo though mate l only drop in here or there myself, well unless l'm buggin geoff for more reno advice anyway haha,

So you've gone and met someone new eh , bloody good for you mate , looking back on my ex awhile back myself l just dunno how much it's worth dealing with all the bs tbh either. Got some news myself actually , in a tick haha, Glad you got some closure and on good terms, fantastic and congrats on the new theng.

lronically, yep l got some too , heard from her a few mths back and we talked awhile. tbh though l could see things straight away and really , l thought to myself l really just couldn't go there again. But l was really pleased we talked.

And more ironicness , l met someone else too about l think 8mths or so ago give or take.. And l hear ya , it's been similar for us , we're so alike and just gel so nicely , So that's also had me thinking about ex because all of our stuff just doesn't even exist with my gf now . there is just one big problem though so l really don't wanna say too much until we see if that works out but yeah , similar to things you've said , the difference is incredible and l've been so enjoying our time too mostly and everything we have.

ok mate well best of luck with it all anyway eh and thanks for dropping in.

Cheers. rx

Ijustdontknow1
Community Member

I was seeing this amazing lady where it was instant attraction for the both of us. She has met my kids and has always been calm around them and myself. She got unwell run down and also her daughter gave birth 13weeks early which was very stressful.

she has since been diagnosed with bi polar on medication but has blocked me on the phone . I have sent her flowers which she has replied and said thankyou but then blocks me again. I am deeply in love with her and before diagnosed she said she loved me. I text her every morning and night to say goodnight good morning. Is this too much??

I haven’t seen her in a month and a half and I only hear from her in text maybe once a week. I find this very hard to deal with as the way I feel for her, Am I being to pushy or harrasoher too much??

rhankyou in advance for your help

I just don’t know,

welcome to the forum.

I can see you care fir this woman. She is trying to cope with many changes in her life including her diagnosis of bipolar. She may need some time and space to come to terms with this. I have bipolar and getting the right medication can be tricky.

I am sure she appreciates your support but right now she maybe focusing on herself.

you may have noticed that tge last post before yours was 6 months ago.

you may want to start your own thread.

Take care and I look forward to discussing with you further.