FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Announcement Icon
You can win one of three $200 gift cards. Complete our survey by 5pm, 30 June 2024 AEST to enter the draw. Your response will be anonymous so you can't be identified.

Pregnant and unsure what to do

Bellakarina
Community Member
I have just got pregnant from a work colleague. We are both single and both had a one night hook up with me falling pregnant. He wants me to have an abortion and i dont think i want that. So unsure abd so broken about it 😞
2 Replies 2

Zeal
Community Member

Hey Bellakarina,

Welcome to the forum!

This is a tough situation. Ultimately it's your choice as to whether you keep the baby, as it's your body. It's not this simple of course, but I just wanted to state that first. If you did have the baby, do you feel you have support from family or close friends when you're raising him/her? Being a single parent is doable, but having emotional support is best for your wellbeing, as working and raising a child by yourself could be exhausting.

Talking to a close family member about this (whoever you trust the most) could help. You could also talk to your doctor (GP) about your options and how you are feeling emotionally.

I hope you are able to make a decision that you are comfortable with.

Best wishes,

Zeal

Guest_128
Community Member

Hey there Bellakarina,

Just thought I would check to see how you are doing?

If you need/want to chat, I been there.

Later