FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Mid life crisis and left home

The_Hulk
Community Member
My name is Paul. I was living overseas with my wife at the time and I had mid life crisis and left home. I knew I was unhappy, depressed and lonely. For some reason I just didnt contact her or see her for over 2 years and still havent seen her. I cant explain my behaviour. We are now divorced. I am back in Australia now and just feel lost and alone and sad. I start a new job shortly and have to find a home where I now live. This may sound odd, but I feel frightened.
11 Replies 11

Hi Paul,

Relationships can never be the same as they were yesterday. You may be fortunate and may be able to create a new connection with your wife. If that is what you desire to do I hope it works out for you. It does sound promising that your wife is wanting to meet up with you again.

Open communication will be beneficial. Acknowledging past hurts, disappointments and confusion may be necessary before you can move on.

Is your wife back in Australia as well?

How is the new job going?

Regrets about the past are futile! Trying to learn from mistakes and issues is what counts...so I am trying to remind myself this morning!

cheers fro now from Dools

Birdy77
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hello Paul,

I was very pleased to hear you were able to spend some time with your wife on Sunday. It must have hurt a lot, but it sounds like there could be some hope for the future as she is willing to spend time with again. This is good news.

Dools has wisely said that relationships can't be the same again, and I think this is a good thing for you, as things didn't work out last time, but who knows now ... ?

As Croix said, when we are depressed, it is natural to shut down and withdraw, especially from those closest to us, so if she was to understand you were struggling back then with mental illness, it may hive her a bit of an understanding.

I feel there is hope Paul 😊.

Please don't give up.

🌻birdy