FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Medicine withdrawal

Bridge678
Community Member
Hey guys, so a while go I posted about my husband cheating. And of course I think and think about it all the time. Anyway today I had a realisation. At the time when this happened he had gone off (against advice) his anxiety meds cold turkey. Thinking about when this affair happened I thought he was showing off which was really out of character for him, his behaviour was like he was buzzing a bit. I asked him today if that was when he came off his meds and he agreed I then asked him how he felt at the time of the affair and he said he didn’t feel himself and felt heightened. I suggested did you feel a bit invisable and he said yes a bit I guess and now I’m wondering if the sudden stopping off the meds and the excessive drinking which was done on this period of time has induced mania. There was a few random things he did over that few days that were out of character which I can’t say what as if anyone knows us on here they would work out who I am. I don’t know enough about it but what I’m reading so far it sure matches up. It still doesn’t excuse what happened but if this is a possibility it sure makes it a little easier to swallow. What do you guys think?
10 Replies 10

I think you are right on the money. I don’t think it caused the affair, but I do think it contributed to him going through with it. The woman in question had thrown herself at him some time ago, he wasn’t interested (we were In a good place then) and then down played it to me that she didn’t mean it etc. I forgave that and moved on. My husband and my relationship had reached a point that it was not pleasant. Not talking much, not listening to each other, not being romantic etc etc. I believe her being there in that moment filled the void that wasn’t happening in our relationship. She is the complete opposite of me and nothing like anyone my husband would go for, so I do believe it was just to fill the void. I know if I ever behaved or spoke or even dressed the way she did he would be mortified hahaha think loud obnoxious bogan who doesn’t care how they look. He knows i won’t forgive what happened. But I will try and move forward. He has worked really hard to fix the things that weren’t right and listened to me in what was missing and I’ve also asked him to share the same with me. I think we’ll be ok, as long as we keep communicating and listening to each other. Piecing all the parts together to how it got to that point for me helps to heal.