FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Im feeling like im so alone. Spoke to my ex partner.

Beaser
Community Member

Hi and best wishes to everyone.         

I am feeling so alone at the moment , i spoke to my ex partner last night it was a friendly chat and we are still friends.   I  just feel so alone with no family to turn too and not wanting to be a burden to friends who i have turned too before.  I just wish we could be together again and i could do things differently . I am also not working at the moment so it just gives me so much time.  I know that when you look back on relationships its easy to gloss over things .  She is a carer for her elderly father who has been sick and i admire who for that. I just feel so alone i wish i could turn the clock  back.    I  also feel scared off being alone forever.  I know that ringing her may not be the best but i just miss her.   I have a wide group of friends at my football club but i still feel so alone lately. Im not sure about where to turn.   Im sad at the moment.           Beaser.

18 Replies 18

Beaser
Community Member

Thanks Jazz your right about forgetting about why things ended in the first place .  Its just my loneliness gets the better of me. Ive always been one to dwell on the past and that serves no useful purpose either. I m trying my best and made no contact yesterday.      Im just finding it so tough at the moment.   Brett

Beaser
Community Member

Im feeling really flat this morning,  Im trying to be positive but im just so scared.    Im off to the football today so at least ill be around people. I have tried to contribute with other peoples posts and offer some of my experience  ..   I hope that ive helped in some way.   I know its always good for me to hear from others.         Brett.

jaz28
Community Champion
Community Champion

Yes very true Brett. Okay, as long as you acknowledge that may not have been the best thing to do then that's okay. Grief and memories make us do strange things that we may regret later. Be kind to yourself!

Beaser
Community Member

I just feel alone today.  And have for a so long..   Being on your own stuck at home .  Its a terrible windy day . Just wish i could even ring someone or at least hear from someone.  Sorry to be a downer but just need to reach out  .     Beaser

Beaser
Community Member

So i havent contacted my  ex partner  for ten days.    I have to admit its not easy and i miss her.   I have to keep telling myself im doing the right thing by both of us.    Its funny its been the best part of six months now and i still find myself feeling like its not over. Its been a tough year . I left a job i had been at for 15 years and a relationship breakup. Ive just started a new job so ive had so much going on . I guess as hard as it is at times i just have to keep battling on..      Best wishes to all    Beaser.

Not to take away from what it is going through break ups and job changes, loneliness but believe me sadly there are many people here going through so much more.

As ex , 6mths eh, maybe it's time to start excepting it and looking to the future , how long were you together ? Sorry if l've missed that , but 6mths split is awhile, not always l know but usually there'd be at least some convo of getting back together long before that, is there anything real from her on that or ? lf not maybe it's time you started thinking about yourself and your life from here in this, rather than looking back in hope.

Good luck anyway.

rx

Thank you Random x   I do understand there are many going through what seems "much more than than me."

I  am only just touching the surface of what ive gone through;  Ive battled so hard for many years and am proud of the fight ive fought.   

Beaser.

Hi Beaser .

Good for you , life can sure be a battle no doubt about it. Far more so for some of us unfortunately.

You have your new job though and you said many friends at footy , your so lucky in that.

Soldier on , new horizons never do know just what's around the next bend. Are there things you'd like to do or pick up or places to go now that your a free agent , that's what l've been doing, it really helps when your up to it.

Good luck.

rx

Hi i hope everyone is well  

Im having a really tough day . Im scared of the future and being alone.   I went away fishing on the weekend and had a good time . I just seem to have crashed.  I know have spoken before of this but i feel guilty about my past relationship.  Im feeling that maybe i got selfish and didnt make her feel like my priority. I think covid didnt help as we met during covid and being in Victoria were only legally allowed to see each other. Then when things opened up i felt a need to connect with old friends and that may have came across as selfish. 

I feel like ringing my ex  and asking some questions and saying basically what i just wrote.but i dont want upset her . Im sorry if im going over old ground but im feeling very lonely and scared at the moment and need to reach out.  My love and respect to all     Brett,