FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I'm very lonley..

Llv
Community Member

My girlfriend and I drifted apart over a series of months. At the beginning we were very close. Always together or if we weren't she would call several times a day message each other back and forth constantly. After living alone for so many years I appreciated that she wanted to be there for me constantly and wanted my attention. But while she was around me her phone would ring constantly and it would be her other 'guy' friends calling. She would sit there right in front of me and let them flirt with her she made no aptempt to stop them you could hear their sleezy voices on the other end of the phone. Sometimes they would call while we were in bed. Soon enough she was spending time alone with these friends instead of me. I tried to confront her about it and tell her how worried I was how obvious what was going on and I was not going to stand for it. It would always cause an argument and the answer back always was how special her friends were to her and nothing was going to get in the way of it. I never felt so low in my life. She told me these guys were telling her to leave me. I could not understand how you could say these things back to somebody that is your partner. It was gut wrenching to hear.

I allowed this behaviour to continue and stayed in the relationship for several months feeling humiliated ashamed all the way. Naturally our intermate life does right off we spent less and less time together spoke less and less. In the end I fell asleep after work exhausted one Friday night. We were supposed to spend the night together. I awoke at 2am in a panic realising she wasent there. She would only come to see me weekends by that stage sometimes once a week. I missed her terribly everyday. Put my head in the sand ignored what I thought was going on but we bickered constantly about it which only drove us further apart.

The last Friday I fell asleep after work we were supposed to be spending the night together. When I awoke I panicked and messaged her. There was no reply. I had to work the next Saturday morning we had planned to go Christmas shopping that day. I spoke to her when I finally was allowed to go at 1pm after having an argument with my boss to get out. By this stage I was feeling very uneasy and stressed I was really wrapped in this girl and was so worried I did not sleep at all after I woke up without her.

34 Replies 34

Juliet_84
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Llv,

Try not to let the horrible things your ex girlfriend says to you get you down. The reality is that she wouldn’t be calling you if she was so happy, so I suspect she probably isn’t as happy as she is making out she is. She wants you to hurt with the things she says and that’s why she says them, but then she has an ulterior motive to make out that she is happier than before. Keep on with you diet and self-improvement, no harm can ever come from looking after your body and mind. You are going through a tough time at the moment but you will get there, I promise xx

jtjt_4862
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Heya Llv,

You've come a really long way buddy. Going from good, to zero, and then back on your feet again, and down. Life be this way, it's filled with ups and downs. But you know what, you've achieved way more than your ex; Learning to look after yourself, knowing what's good for you and what isn't, picking yourself up from your lowest to where you are now. Reflect back on all that you've achieved, and I hope it serves as a reminder that you're stronger than where you were before.

Whether your ex has found a better life with another person, it doesn't concern you. What matters the most, and is the most important thing in your life, is yourself. Your happiness and your health comes first. I'm certain that better things are ahead of ya, and this experience has made you stronger so that you can better handle the things that life throws at ya.

Jt

Llv
Community Member

I keep hitting rock bottom again. Out of another job back out of my training. Off my diet again days on end face down on couch in and out of sleep. I have such terrible dreams. Wanting to message her again, just talk to her...will this cycle never end? this is living hell it seems like I can't escape. Life has so little value and I can't express what is truley in my heart anymore it feels like the passion for life is lost forever. I can't escape that horrible feeling that envelopes me all day all night like shivers down my spine like my skin is crawling. It's living hell.

I Think last time this happened sad asvit was I was so strong. Now I don't have the energy to fight it anymore. It's destroying my relationship with my family hitting us all financially as I'm not working. But in hardly living the life. I'm hardly living it up. I'm so weak as I can't stop sleeping and have little incentive to leave the home it's getting more and more serious. I don't want this see anybody over this because it's always the same advice take some of these chin up you'll be ok. Not sure what's next for me I'm supposed to move out of my apartment soon. I really have lost it all. Either way my life will never be the same. It's more then feeling sorry for myself I'm questioning how everything in life works people's motives and what true evil is. The good guys always lose for sure.

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Llv, to block her takes courage, she only wants to rub it in to you, you don't need any of this because eventually, she is the one who is going to leave a trail of people behind her and finally find out she has no one, and possibly this might already be happening.

When she did contact you, how do you know what she's saying is true, it's only to bolster herself up but now pleased you have blocked her.

You have yourself to concentrate on and we're here to help you.

Geoff.

jtjt_4862
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Heya Llv,

Heart breaks are a disastrous thing to be healing from, and the grieving process is a painful one to go through as we question a lot of things that comes to mind about life. I can assure you it is normal to be feeling this way, and you'll need as much self-care and self-love to get through this tough time. Surround yourself with friends and family at your own pace (no need to force yourself to see them, just whenever you're ready). Would you consider reaching out to your GP for a referral to a therapist or counsellor who can help guide you thru this painful times you're going through?

Remember why the relationship did not work out, use that to work on yourself, and show her (not literally, just through your self) that you can live on a happy life without her in it. You've done great blocking her, it's the first step to caring for yourself first as you heal through your heartbreak.

Happy to listen to you more Llv, the BB Forums are here for you too

Jt

Llv
Community Member
Just wanted to say thankyou Geoff what you are saying it helps. That's it Hey how do I know what she is saying is true at all I have caught her out on so many lies before. I don't want to see the bad in her but everything that's happened the last two months sure has disrupted my life entirely. I used to train as a powerlifter 4 times pw now I'm struggling to make it there once or twice a week. It's hard to talk about something like this by its nature a lot of people just say you are feeling sorry for yourself so I try to justify my right to talk about it or get help but I sincerely appreciate all the support and understanding I have gotten here. It's still a huge road in front of me. Still don't know how I'm going to hold onto my housing my car or health I really don't know it's so daughting and a huge task in front of me i don't know where to start.

Ric65
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Llv,

First of, thank you for coming on this site and opening up. It does take a lot of courage. I am really sorry for the way you are being treated. Maybe you can sit and weigh out the pros and cons. Get some soul searching done, like are you happy without her? We cannot control how other people act but we can control how we react to their actions. Right now do you think it would be better to take a step back? We cannot make somebody want or love us. Maybe its time to say its not meant to be and move on? There are a lot of others who are out there who would love to meet you. Start going out, getting your life back on track. Surround yourself with people who want to be with you. Enjoy and love yourself.

Ric65

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Llv, I lost my last reply back to you, so sorry.

The trouble with her is that she has to try and convince a new person what has happened, but eventually, this other partner starts to wake up and realise what she's actually like, so she will leave a trail of people behind her, so it's not only you who will suffer but other people as well.

You can't change what she says, only the truth will come about in due time and can feel the hardship you are going through.

Can you contact the bank regarding your house/car and see if they can offer a period where your repayments are delayed, so as to give you time to be able to overcome all of this.

We are all behind you and please look after yourself.

Geoff.

Llv
Community Member
I managed to get one more extension on my rental situation. Also I have spoken to the manager at my new job and have discussed exactly what I have been through. It's a gamble as not everybody understands what I have been through. Can see it through my eyes. So I'm lucky to have another chance to start that job next week. My trainning and diet are still suffering I got a long way to go and my reward for doing all this is I still get to walk the parth alone. She doesn't realise how I felt it's so sad when your love goes to waste. But what do you do? Am I really better off in life expierence after going through all this...

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Llv, not at the moment are you going to feel better straight away, but quietly you learn going into another relationship the different trigger points that began this and all the rubbish that's she has probably told other people, who may believe her but then understand what she's said is confusing and doesn't add up.

This may not have happened to you before but now it has, it's given you a wide understanding, not that you will benefit from it now, but after it's all finished, there is much you have learnt.

No no one else could possibly understand what you have been through unless it's happened to themselves and even then it may be under different circumstances and see it through their own situation, but they realise it's an awful time for you.

Don't worry about your diet at the moment, it will pick up as you go along and when you become stronger, and even if you had stayed together you could never be sure what she said was true and honest, but now you know and understand how lucky you are.

To overcome this isn't easy because you believed she was the love of your life, but now she is telling someone else what she wants them to hear and vice-versa but only true love can survive any ups and downs.

My best.

Geoff.