FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I just don't know what to do anymore..

Katherine_A
Community Member
My 23 year old partner has had severely bad depression and anxiety for almost a year now and it is really starting to affect me in a serious way, I've tried to help him manage it and tried to encourage him to seek help but he doesn't see that he has a serious problem. I have also dealt with depression and anxiety for most of my life and I understand that its hard but he has changed into a different person, he hurts me physically, emotionally and mentally almost everyday but I still stay in hope that I can help him but he doesn't seem to want help. Half way through the year I moved out into my own unit but it didn't help and he just became obbssesed with where I was and what I was doing and I moved back in with him. We are now expecting a child and we are both very happy but he just doesn't understand anything, he yells at me when I'm tired, he yells at me when I throw up or feel sick, he doesn't let me be on my phone in the same room as him. He smashed the window of my car and slit my tyres, I believe it was to have more control over me but it was also in the heat of the moment. Another problem I'm very concerned about, he has been pulling his hair out for almost as long as he has had the other issues and it has become so bad that he won't leave the house, he gets bad anxiety if he leaves the house and he freaks out and I'm the one that has to put up with it. He always paranoid and angry and anxious and I just want him to be the bubbly carefree boy that I fell in love with. Everyday I resent him more and I want to leave but we both come from broken homes and I don't want that for my child but also I don't know if I can go another six months of pregnancy having to put up with all of this, its so overwhelming and stressful and I don't want that for my child, I don't want to wait in hope that he will change and end up disappointed.

I just need some advice or someone to talk to that understands what I'm talking about. Thank you for your time..

12 Replies 12

Thank you Geoff! That has given me so much to think about, everything you have said is very helpful!

Thank you so much for your input!

Thank you so much Dr. Kim! You don't understand how much everything you've said meant to me! Everything made so much sense to me. Thank you thank you thank you!