FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Husband wants to leave

Sallyanne2
Community Member

Today has been a hard day. Took dog to vet, in car dog whinged all the way there and caused my husband to have anxiety and stress to the point he thought he would die. He has a hearing problem which causes his ears to ache with loud noises and he thought the dog might bark while in car. I contacted my dog groomer to see if she knew of anyone that would love a beautiful placid puppy to keep as I can’t keep going through this mess of being blamed for the dogs erratic barking, even though today she didn’t bark.

husband is now saying he doesn’t want me to get rid of the dog because it’s him that wants to go. He doesn’t believe our relationship is worth saving after 42 years of being together. I’m kind to him, treat him with respect, cook, clean, wash his clothes, iron his clothes and all the other things a good women would do. I’m not saying I’m perfect, but I certainly don’t treat him badly. I have never hit or abused him, bullied him or be graded him. I have supported him and cared for him all our years together.

I feel so let down. I feel why should I do all those things that show my love for him when he can’t appreciate them. I feel I have nothing more to give, I give him my all and I feel for what now? Should I just move on and get out before I’m hurt anymore or should I stay and know he’s not happy. It’s doing my head in. I could probably go to my mums. I’m so hurt, I don’t know what I’ve done wrong. He’s says I’ve done nothing wrong, well why would he want to go? IF he loved me he wouldn’t want to go. I thought he loved me, but obviously not. News to me. I’m shocked, hurt and totally don’t know where to go from here. Any advice would be greatly considered as I’m lost and feel alone.

10 Replies 10

Thank you Sophie, I think it would do me the world of good to chat with someone about this. I’m feeling totally let down and deflated.I have been going over and over things in my head and I really don’t know what’s best for me. I have a lot to work through and someone to help would be wonderful. I will call someone tomorrow, as he is home today and I don’t want to chat to anyone when he is around. Thank you for passing this info on.