FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Depressed due to a relationship break up

Coadie
Community Member
Hey everyone, so I’m a 16 year old teenage boy who is currently in high school. Now by reading the title and seeing my age you may think I’m a little childish and don’t understand what ‘real love’ is but believe me I do. There’s this beautiful girl that I had a thing with, we were only dating for two weeks but we were close and getting to know eachother a few weeks before that. She ended it with me last night, she has a few issues going on in her life at the moment, that’s is her business and I’m not going to discuss those as it’s not my place to. But she broke up with me because she didn’t want to hurt me, she didn’t want to drag me down with her. We both suffer from depression and this break up has only made mine worse. I’ve spoken to her and she keeps saying it’s for the best but I don’t get it, I want to help her and I’m not going to get dragged down with her, I’m there to support her. I broke down into pieces last night, I was a wreck, I didn’t sleep because I couldn’t stop thinking about her, went to school today, went home an hour after school started cause I just couldn’t be there. The minute I got in the car with my mum I broke down, I was a mess but I couldn’t tell her what was wrong, I had to make up an excuse because I feel I can’t tell her about these things. ‘I had a migraine’ I said, I got home and took two of my dads anti depressant pills, it feels like it didn’t do anything besides make it all worse. Anything I do, anything I think about it just reminds me of her. I loved this girl and I still do and I don’t want this to be the end. I’m in a really messed up position at the moment and I need advice on how to talk to her about it, how to let her give me another chance, be able to tell her that I’m there to help her, that I’m not going to get dragged down by it all. Please I need this girl in my life.
11 Replies 11

I still need help.. I feel like it’s either this community to talk to or her, and if I message her I’m just gonna breakdown and overthink it all again, ruin it even more.. again. I just can’t stop thinking about her, I try to watch something, I try to sleep, I try to do anything but I just can’t stop thinking of her. It’s hurting me, a lot 😞

Chloe_M
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hey Coadie,

I understand completely what you are going through. My best friend, who is also my ex, broke up with me 5 months ago. 5 months later, I am still depressed. I am possibly worse than I was at the time. My anxiety makes it worse, it was so bad that I self-harmed because of it.

He broke up with me to protect me from what was going on with his Dad. I understood that, but that doesn't mean it didn't break me.

I also know what 'real love' is. Its hard isn't it? My ex still loves me, he told me so, but we can't be together till we are adults. he said he'll wait. I still love him, of course. But I am trying but it kills me.

Just remember, Coadie, that you are not the only one.

xx Chloe 🙂