FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Covid pushing us over the edge...

MuM-of-Boys
Community Member

Three of the 4 ppl in our family are on medication for mental health...we are al in isolation and myself and husband are super sick with covid at the moment. Everyone is soooo on edge and getting on each other's nerves 🙄.  Sooo much yelling and screaming... I can't take it anymore 😪  I just want to not be here no more. Got in my car tonight and just drove away... not good thought going through my mind. I'm no sure how we going to make it through this week. I just wanted to get it out. I'm struggling and have been for a while.. this is just pushing me over that edge. Thinking of others struggling. Xx

2 Replies 2

Sophie_M
Hi MuM-of-Boys,

We’re really glad you could come to the forum to share this with our online community tonight. We know it isn’t always easy to share something like this, but we think it’s a powerful step you've taken, and we really appreciate your openness and bravery in sharing.

We’ve sent an email to you privately to make sure you’re ok. If you want to reach out (at any time) to talk with one of our trained counsellors, please call us on 1300 22 4636 - you could also reach us for an online chat here. We also recommend our friends over at the Suicide Call Back Service on 1300 659 467, or even Lifeline on 13 11 14 (all available 24/7) if at any time if you need to connect and/or get immediate support.

We want to kindly and warmly encourage you to hang in there... the reality is that sickness and/or being physically unwell is often a trigger for mental health episodes - lowering our resilience and general coping mechanisms with feelings of being vulnerable and unable to manage our emotions as well as we'd like (especially where there are already existing mental health conditions), not to mention the added stress of all being in temporary isolation together - hopefully this current period of stress is not going to last much longer for you all... 

We’d also really like to recommend that you have a look at our Beyond Blue safety planning app. You can read about how it works and where to download it here. You can even call Lifeline and compete it with one of their counsellors over the phone if you'd like.

Wishing you all a speedy recovery and hope to hear from you again soon.

Kind regards,

Sophie M

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello MuM_of_Boys, I can sympathise for you because all the rules keep changing, depending on what State you are in and wonder how many booster shots we are going to need, now the media is warning us of another explosion, yet before they say if we have the 3 shots we will be ok.

The main concern is all of you suffering from a MI because this will only exemplify the situation, but please remember you can still contact your doctor/psychologist by phone, especially if you need another script for medication.

I worry that you went for a drive by yourself but understand your frustration, may be if you could try and split the family up and please let us know that we are thinking of you.

Best wishes.

Life Member.