FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Anxious cause of Silent Treatment??

iceamarello
Community Member
My boyfriend of 6 months and I had our first fight during Christmas which involves Covid tolerances. He then disappeared, ignored my texts for 6 days until I ask him to break the silence and he told me that he was in a difficult position between choosing to spend Christmas with me vs. protecting his family from getting any unwanted exposures. I apologised. He went a bit distant after, he doesn't text me as often, he delayed his responses for over a day and he doesn't seem affectionate and ignores all questions about how he feels which made me anxious. I feel like we still need to go through what happened and I just wanted to settle unsettling things with him/resolve the issue or at least hear me out. I sent a message to ask to see him face to face (we live an hour away) and to chat under covid safe rules. He ignored me again. I am getting really anxious for not getting answers. Is this normal for me? I am at lost as to how I can reach him. Is this a Silent Treatment? or is this just "leave me alone, I need more space on my feelings" type of scenario? What can I do to settle myself down? Ive spoken to my closest friends and family but I can't seem to get my mind off it. Any advices?
12 Replies 12

Hi all, just an update and wanted to probably close this off. He didnt agree to meet me, pretending that nothing was wrong and he is not angry but his behaviour still is very odd. He ignored my message for more than 2 days now when I asked how he is feeling, so I think he pretty much has moved on from this relationship but has no guts to break it off with me. He wouldn't ignore me if he is fine. I have decided to walk off this relationship. I dont deserve a treatment like this where now I questioned my own sanity or my overthinking ness and almost everyday blaming myself if I cause the fight. I did had an emotional go but I think its normal for all women and I think having to question myself is not healthy.

Thank you all for the advices.

Good luck for your future.

The_Bro
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Iceamarello and thanks for the update.

You have been both brave and thoughtful in the manner you have handled this.

Perhaps allow yourself a period of doubt and maybe a little sadness - that is only natural. Some guy is going to be very lucky to have you in his life in the future!

All the very best - the Bro