FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Opening up for the first time about my trauma

Rainbowgen
Community Member

Hi, I joined this in hope of finding someone who will hopefully listen and understand. I have always put myself in a place where I didn't mean much and over the past year I have been working at changing that which has lead to the rise of other issues. Crypt I know.

I'm really not sure what to say, i'm young, I've been hurt and I feel like it's my fault

10 Replies 10

romantic_thi3f
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Rainbowgen,

Thanks for reaching out to us and I'm so sorry that this has happened to you. It sounds like it's been very hard over the last year and I'm glad that you reached out to us and also to your partner to tell him. From experience the hardest thing is knowing that what happened is not your fault - you are in no-way to blame for this. I know because I've played these situations over and over in my head to try and work out what I could've done better, but it's just a terrible situation. It's also okay that you're feeling guilty; this tragedy has happened and you've needed time to process this. We all cope and process in lots of different ways - some of which don't always make sense. I think it would be great if you could talk to your partner about maybe going to the police, or even talking to a counsellor about what happened. It's never too late - and even though it has been a year, what you say could still mean something if he decided to hurt someone again. You've been through such a tough time, and I can see that - but what you do now matters. We have your back.