FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Looking for someone to help, as I have lost hope.

Daemon
Community Member
Things are hard, and keep getting harder. I ask for someone who wishes to talk to me. About traumatic events I have had, horrible things I have been through or just to talk. I can't keep filling up the bottle inside with my emotions, and I am looking for someone to be a friend. Even if I never meet you or know who you are. I don't really have friends currently. So this is really my last real choice to do something for myself.
13 Replies 13

Hi Chelle. It is nice that you are prepared to meet up with someone, and I'm sure that your intentions are good. However these Forums do not permit the exchange of any contact details including emails, phones, full names, or any other particular which would enable identification of any person/s. Sorry ......... I'm sure a moderator will confirm this in due course, although being a weekend, it may not be until Monday.

Sherie xx

Chris_B
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi Chelle, welcome, as Sherie has said our forums are anonymous and everything posted online here is publicly viewable, so it's not a good idea to be sharing your personal contact details. I know posting on a forum is not the same as meeting face-to-face, but we have some really good conversations here and your post above to Daemon is a great example of how we can share our stories here to help others. By posting here you're helping not just the people writing in the thread, but the many thousands who also read these pages and don't post. Hope to see you posting again soon.

Starwolf
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Daemon,

I am sorry you have found helpline responders to be automated. These people are usually volunteers. The reason why they choose to spend some of their time helping others through a distressful situation is because they care. But I agree with you that responding to similar or related -although individual- issues can be repetitive.

I agree that nothing will replace a friend's personal touch. However, in the absence of friends, speaking with caring outsiders -who know from experience what you are talking about- brings solace and connection at a deep level which is often difficult to achieve with those around us. Closeness often makes it difficult to take on board someone else's traumas and dramas. Many people understandably find it emotionally overwhelming and end up having to withdraw. This is why so many of us rely on these forums to interact at a level of open-ness and understanding often difficult to come by in the "outside world".

Kindest thoughts.

Daemon
Community Member
Thanks all for what you have all said, but I am finding it difficult to even state what I want to address about myself on these forums, due to restrictions and regulations. I do wish you all a good day, and a good life. I find that I must keep looking for a place to help me.