FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Looking for someone to help, as I have lost hope.

Daemon
Community Member
Things are hard, and keep getting harder. I ask for someone who wishes to talk to me. About traumatic events I have had, horrible things I have been through or just to talk. I can't keep filling up the bottle inside with my emotions, and I am looking for someone to be a friend. Even if I never meet you or know who you are. I don't really have friends currently. So this is really my last real choice to do something for myself.
13 Replies 13

Neil_1
Community Member

Hi there Daemon,

Welcome to Beyond Blue and I’m so pleased that you’ve reached out to this community. This site is full of awesome people, who are not only willing to listen (or read as the case may be), but to put in some hopefully useful comments and suggestions (if possible) and above all else, is to offer support.

It does sound like you’re really in a bad place at the moment and so it’d be really good if you’re able to perhaps open up a little to share a little of some of the things that have troubled you, or that you’ve had to deal with (or are still currently dealing with). That way, we’ll be better informed to try and come up with appropriate responses, but also to be able to support you at this time.

Do you live with family/friends? Do you have a job and work?

If you’re able to share some of this, that would be fantastic – as keeping stuff inside can just make our feelings, our situation just so much worse. It can be a real relief to unload and share – like a load lifted off your shoulders; and doing it here, where there are so many ‘like-minded’ wonderful people.

I do hope to hear from you again.

Neil

Starwolf
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Daemon,

A warm welcome to these forums. Well done for making the brave and wise decision to reach out and unload some of the overload.

Please feel free to post as much and as often as you wish. This is a safe place to connect with understanding, supportive people. You can communicate with others who are/have been in similar situations, share thoughts, info and tips. If you feel so inclined, you can also visit the Community Board social section of the forums to take time off the mental/emotional roller coaster and join in unrelated chats, games etc...

Great to have you on board.

Murrigirl
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi Daemon, I'm Bon pleased to meet you. Number 1 - You are not alone. Number 2. Good on you for WANTING to talk about your traumatic events. People think I am kinda strange because I will talk about the disasters in my life that has left me lost and feeling like I do. I guess that's because I make them uncomfortable about my frankness about the ugliness in my life at times. So chat away - be nice to have someone that doesn't go "Oh gees thats too much for me to listen to" I may not have experienced what you have, or lived through what you have, but lets face it - none of us on here have gotten to where we are without some pretty terrible ordeals, so I am pretty confident - NO-ONE is going to judge you, we are all messed up and here to help each other through the messed up .

Daemon
Community Member
Hello again, and thanks for a reply. I currently am unemployed, but that isn't a concern for me currently as I do have a form of income. I don't have friends, thanks to my ex-girlfriend and things that have happened to me in my life. When it comes to family, it is quite complicated to explain that side of things, other then by saying contact with them is most likely of the worst decisions I can make in my situation. If I am able to talk to anyone outside this site, I would enjoy to do so, as this site prevents me from posting things that I wish to talk about.

Daemon
Community Member
Thank you for the reply, but it is time I faced it rather then run away from truth. Sadly, I have been trying to distract myself for too long. I do appreciate the sentiment though, it is a good suggestion to most people.

Starwolf
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Daemon,

You are quite right...there's no way we can conquer whatever we don't dare confront. Hats off to you !

If you feel the need to talk openly with someone outside these forums, please do not hesitate to call the 24/7 helpline : 1300 22 4636.

Daemon
Community Member
I have before, but I find people within these helplines rather automated in their responses sadly. They do help, but that is my opinion. I feel like I need to talk to someone real, if you understand by what I mean. I would enjoy meeting someone in person, but unfortunately that sort of help doesnt exist for me. I am however, contemplating going to Perth here in WA and giving away some items that I have held to remember my past. That way, I can start fresh. Would you think that a good idea? I've never really thought of it before

Guest_5218
Community Member

Hi Daemon. I'm sorry for what you have had to go through, and indeed for what you continue to go through.

I also suffer from PTSD, and have done for the past 20 years.

Sadly I am unable to help as far as being a real live person to talk to. But I am very happy to have a chat through these Forums any time you wish to. I do understand the restrictions involved due to the moderation process for these forums. But that is a necessary thing in order to maintain security and safety for all.

If you are able to open up about your past experiences, within the guidelines permitted, then I think you will find this to be a valuable and somewhat healing experience.

I initially came onto these Forums back in November when my psychologist recommended it as a means of learning to open up a bit. Since then I have found it to be a very supportive and helpful environment.

When you say that you are considering going to Perth to give away itmes you have held in order to remember the past? What type of items are you referring to? Certainly a fresh start can be a very good thing, and it can be somewhat liberating. But think carefully about it, if you havent already done so, as you cant take them all back again should you ever change your mind.

I'm here if you want to talk anytime.

Sherie xx

Chelle_e
Community Member

Hi Daemon,

I am only new to this site and am not really sure how the moderators work on here, so if someone is actually reading this please let me know if there is a way that personal messages can be exchanged or if putting a e-mail address on is allowed, so that contact can be made.

I would love to be your friend. I agree with you, the helplines are great...still it is nice to actually hear a voice, someone who can listen to you, share experiences with you, I don't know it is just nice to have a friend. The same person to talk to each time so it doesn't feel like you're explaining yourself over and over.

I used to have a lot of friends. They used to drive me a little batty always dropping by. Since my accident they have slowly dwindled away. I don't blame them, they don't know how to make things better. If only they knew, they don't have to. They make things a little better just being here with me.

Of course, I don't think face to face is possible just for the fact that from your message I get the idea that you live in WA? I live in a little country town in NSW. I think it's a bit far to drop in and have a cuppa. Still, I think the phone is better than the internet, at least you can hear each other. And there is no waiting days and days for a response, the phone gets answered and there is conversation.

I want you to know that you have people here that will chat with you on line and at least one person (me) that would love to talk in person.

In answer to your question about giving stuff away....If you feel ready to part with these things (and only you know) maybe consider boxing them up and putting them away for two weeks and just think on it. It is hard to let go of things (for me anyway). Do they remind you of things you want to remember? Things that make you smile? Or the other side of memories? The way I see it is this. In our lives there are good memories and bad memories. If we have things that remind us of good times we should never let them go, they are the memories that help us through the bad times. But if they only remind us of the bad in our lives - past and present- it can be very healing to let go of them and the feelings they evoke.

I hope we can talk soon,

Chelle.