FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

What happened doesn't have to define me

Mia001
Community Member

Hi everyone!

I'm new here. Not really sure what to do. Where do I start? Any suggestions?

Mia

432 Replies 432

Mia001
Community Member

Hi Yetty,

Just wanted to say hello and welcome! It's nice to have you here.

Hey, and if you want to chat or chill out, there's always 'The BB cafe' in BB Social Zone!

Mia

Mia001
Community Member
Is anyone awake yet? I could really do with some advice.

Hello Mia

Not sure what time you were posting. It's 7:45 am here. If you are still awake please write in.

Mary

Morning Mia, there arent many people around in the mornings usually.

But I am here now. What is it that you need some advice about? Pehaps I can help.

Taurus

Hi Mia001, thanks for your post.  Our forums aren't set up for live responses to questions, with moderation some posts can take up to 12 hours to appear.  If you have a question for the community, it's best to just lay it out in a post and check back later for responses.  

If you need some immediate advice, please call our support service on 1300 22 4636 as it's available 24 hours.  Live webchat with our counsellors is available between 3pm and midnight daily (AEST).  

Hi Taurus,

It's just about my friend. I wanted to go out for afternoon tea or something, and she says yes but then she's really vague. I'm not really sure what to do. When we were at TAFE together, she was always saying that we'd have to keep in contact, but now she doesn't seem to want too. I mean she could be busy, or maybe she's got stuff going on. Maybe I'm just taking it wrong or I'm too sensitive or something. I don't know. It's just that I don't really have many close friends and I find it so hard to get together with people because of travel and work. I'm sorry if I sound like I'm just complaining.

Mia

Guest_128
Community Member

Hey Mia,

just checking on you as I haven't seen you around.

what you been up to?

Later

Mia001
Community Member

Hi 9 Names Later,

Feeling a bit down. I've been flat out with work calling me up pretty much every day. Woke up at 1am this morning, I'm coming down with a cold 😞 Really hoping I'm ok for work tomorrow.

I spent most of the morning with a friend who's been struggling. That was kind of sad. He's made some progress though, which is good.

Mia

Mia001
Community Member

I'm having some problems at the moment. I really need to talk to someone, but I don't know if I should. I feel really bad about dumping my problems on other people. I just don't find that anyone really understands, and don't think my friends should have to deal with me all the time. I know friends are supposed to help, and they keep saying they're here for me, but I can't explain why one minute I'm really happy and the next I'm so sad it hurts. I'm just worried that if I talk about it, I won't have any friends because they'll be tired of hearing about my problems and not seeing me really get anywhere. I just can't seem to move on, and I don't know why. I wish I could see the TAFE counsellor again. I'm on a waiting list for a local counselling service but they said it'll be about 6 wks. And it's kind of scary thinking about seeing someone different.

I'm still having problems with harassment, mostly at work. There's a bunch of guys who are always trying to get my attention and it makes me really nervous. There's also this other guy who's kind of creepy, and I don't like the way he watches everyone. Sometimes I feel like I'm just paranoid. It's getting to the point that I don't want to go down the street. I always seem to be on edge and can't relax when I'm in public. The other day at work, I was so stressed out I couldn't think, just wanted to get out of there. My chest feeling tight, heart racing etc,. Even my managers and some of the regulars have noticed something is wrong, and try to cheer me up. I feel like I'm getting nowhere. I can't handle any of those little annoying comments that people make, I just fall to pieces. I'm finding it so hard at work, with those pesky customers. Today I had to get the manager to deal with someone because I just wanted to scream at her. Which is so not me! It kind of scares me actually. I never get angry at people. What is happening to me? I feel all over the place, but mostly I'm just sad all the time, and I don't know why.

I can't believe I just wrote all of that. I'd better post it before I decide not to.

Mia

Guest_128
Community Member

Hey Mia,

I am really glad you got that down, and I am hearing you loud and clear. I have read bits and pieces about you,number 1 thing I can remember is that you have the sweetest heart. I admire you for the work you do as I would not be able to tolerate the people you need to. Please be kind to yourself,maybe you need a holiday or couple of days to yourself.

I am not up on your medical stuff but you need to find a professional person ie gp,shrink to help you on a regular basis.

Later