FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

rollercoaster slowing down

K_Ley
Community Member

these past two months have been an absolute roller coaster of emotions.  From accepting that something wasn't right to seeking support, having my darkest days of my life, to now finally feeling that maybe I am slowing this journey down a bit so I can at least breathe.  Presented to the local hospital last night as I didn't really know what else to do.  I have been admitted for 3 days of observation and planning to get things under control.  Have a session with a psychologist later this morning and a psychiatrist this afternoon to really assess where I am at and to put the right supports in place longer term.  Realising that I am at a very dark place in my life has been hard to accept and deal with.  I know now that I have a very long road ahead of me (and if that means years rather than months that's ok). As scary as that is I feel that I am finally on the right path to survive this journey.  

1 Reply 1

sunnyl20
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi K_Ley,

I'm really sorry to hear that you've had such a rocky past couple of months, it sounds like you've been in a pretty dark place. It can be so daunting reaching out for help, especially when you feel like there is no hope. You've shown a lot of courage in presenting to hospital, I cannot imagine how uncertain you must be feeling about the road ahead but I really hope that you can reach a safer and more stable place. To be able to confront and accept what has been happening and what you've been experiencing can be really challenging, but such an important step. 

Thank you for sharing something so personal, it provides hope and can break down some of the isolation and stigma others feel in their struggles when they see that others are going through similar experiences.

Please do not hesitate in using these forums as and when you feel up to it - we are here to listen and support you. 

Wishing you the best. Take care.