FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I can't find the right place for me to post

Moonstruck
Community Member

I don't know any more where to put a new thread if I make one, or which ones to join in. I always used Anxiety because that is my major condition but that has been relatively under control lately - I feel Depressed today - but I don't qualify for the topics there either. I'm depressed mainly because there doesn't seem a place for me. I love some of the threads and personal thoughts for example in Staying Well, but I can't join in there, because I don't have any tips for Staying Well.

I tend to have almost paranoid thoughts through over-thinking "problems" that I would like to talk over but don't know where to talk them over before they reach the paranoid stage...I want to avoid that. I join in the Social threads saying light hearted jokey things because thats the only place I seem to belong.

I dwell on any problems my adult sons have in various aspects of their life and want to "fix things for them" - our relationship is very loving and close though - they are wonderful to me - so there is no real "problem" with my relationship with them....so I don't seem to belong in the "relationships, family" section either do I?

I worry about them all the time - when I tried to express this on forum I think it was misconstrued that I had "empty nest syndrome" - trying to adapt to my sons' leaving home....No, that's not it...they've been gone for years and years...I am a grandmother.

I liked the Getting to Know You, or is it Me? thread very much - but have been given suggestions how to start my own thread and what section to use etc and get the feeling I'm being steered away from there too.

So I am still confused. I don't feel particularly anxious today, so this shouldn't even be in Anxiety! Do you see my dilemma?

In fact the more I write the more I feel like crying - I don't know where to go next.

1,722 Replies 1,722

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Occasionally Starstruck~

offers "Tim Tam?"

Actually you would stand out, the uniform would not go well your famous boots. Mind you I'm sure you  do bowl them over.

-C

Moonstruck
Community Member

Croix....you have an excellent memory...remembering how much I like wearing black boots in the little bit of winter we get here.  Yes time for a new pair this year. I feel younger and powerful in boots.  Well the Big Game is settling into what will be a memory for some and probably fade completely for onlookers who have been so very generous with their praise....but for me it will remain significant...as that "turning point" I explained before....finding myself again.  It was so personal .    What have you been up to Croix?  What interesting activities do you enjoy to fill your days and nights? ...M

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Moon and all~

I'm afraid compared to the glamour of the green my life is rather hum-drum. No standing ovations from jealous bowlers, bouquets from bowling green directors, or being mobbed in the bowls carpark.

Actually I think you are quite right, it has been a turning point - a veritable epiphany - leaving you with  new confidence and insight into yourself and oyur abilities.

I have been showing Mrs C an episode a night of 'Still Open All Hours' which although not quite up to Ronnie Barker's standard still does a pretty good job with Our Granville in charge of the Arkwright shop, Nurse Gladys Emmanuel still around as are other regulars -all of 28 years later I believe.

Not bad for a sequel.

I hope you are keeping your journals up, I have a feeling you have as much to contribute in your written reflections as your magnificent bowling.

Croix

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Dear Moon 

Yes I also remember your black boots 😄. It's nice that we can wear certain things that make is feel good.  It's a simple way to lift our spirits.

Luv ya

Cmf

Moonstruck
Community Member

Luv ya too CMF....I replied to one of your posts on another thread...Be Yourself but Who am I?  I believe it is called. wishing you all good things for the future.......Moon s 

It's 2.50am...Is anyone else up and awake?  Why then?  What are you doing?  Haven;t been struck with the middle of the night wanderings for many months now.  Its so nice and quiet.   I am glad the cat is still sound asleep on my bed and didn't follow me out pretending to be hungry.  Its freezing here, unusual for Qld so we are all in a state of shock at having to wear multi layers of clothes.

I have the comedian Judith Lucey;s autobiography so might read a bit of that when I climb back in with the cat.  A couple of pages left of Goldie Hawn's book too.  Hard to believe she is 79 this November.....well, nice talking to all you insomniacs or just night wanderers.    Must be the full moon tonight....I am called Moonstruck after all....Good morning all, have a nice day.

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Dear Moon,

Surprisingly I wasn't  awake at 2.50am. I more a 4am girl.  I am awake now though at 7.30am and your post put a smile on my face. 

I wish you a lovely day dear Moon.

Cmf 🧡

Moonstruck
Community Member

Dear friends.....It is Freezing here in my usually perfect weather part of Qld, a most unusual occurrence...we never ever get this low in the middle of the day.  What has happened?  It has taken everyone, of course, by surprise, staying indoors by a heater...the thought of having to venture out into the Arctic (no sun either) is terrifying but in some cases cannot avoid it...life goes on!.....hoping all is pleasantly comfortable where you are.  

a word to fellow Queenslanders...is it my imagination or has the News been overflowing lately, just about every day or couple of days with Road Accidents, some involving deaths, most of them on our main highway....also house fires?  why all these houses going up in flames.  I believe Lithium Batteries were to blame on some.  How can people avoid this happening....just about everyone has a lithium battery in something....oh and forgot, we seem to be having random "stabbings" too...in the street, in broad daylight etc.  and of course cars stolen by young offenders who end up trashing them....is our society ready to turn on its axis and point the other way? Like the weather vane in Mary Poppins?

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Dear Moon 

It is so cold down south also. I am usually ok with winter but I caught up with friends last weekend & they mentioned how much colder this winter is. It is icy. The sun has been out today but not relieving the chill on the air. It takes days to get the washing to dry. Not much fun unfortunately 😕 

Moon 

I wake up at midnight 1am 2am 3am 4am etc/ Very restless. I recall Goldie was on Laugh in. I liked her in cactus flower.