FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I can't find the right place for me to post

Moonstruck
Community Member

I don't know any more where to put a new thread if I make one, or which ones to join in. I always used Anxiety because that is my major condition but that has been relatively under control lately - I feel Depressed today - but I don't qualify for the topics there either. I'm depressed mainly because there doesn't seem a place for me. I love some of the threads and personal thoughts for example in Staying Well, but I can't join in there, because I don't have any tips for Staying Well.

I tend to have almost paranoid thoughts through over-thinking "problems" that I would like to talk over but don't know where to talk them over before they reach the paranoid stage...I want to avoid that. I join in the Social threads saying light hearted jokey things because thats the only place I seem to belong.

I dwell on any problems my adult sons have in various aspects of their life and want to "fix things for them" - our relationship is very loving and close though - they are wonderful to me - so there is no real "problem" with my relationship with them....so I don't seem to belong in the "relationships, family" section either do I?

I worry about them all the time - when I tried to express this on forum I think it was misconstrued that I had "empty nest syndrome" - trying to adapt to my sons' leaving home....No, that's not it...they've been gone for years and years...I am a grandmother.

I liked the Getting to Know You, or is it Me? thread very much - but have been given suggestions how to start my own thread and what section to use etc and get the feeling I'm being steered away from there too.

So I am still confused. I don't feel particularly anxious today, so this shouldn't even be in Anxiety! Do you see my dilemma?

In fact the more I write the more I feel like crying - I don't know where to go next.

1,722 Replies 1,722

Moon and Croix 

I am finding the conversation about pain interesting.

i had a lot of debilitating pain for about 6 mths last year, but the pain comes and goes over the years, This time I tried acupuncture and have been pain  free or is it placebo or is it just time for a pain free time. 

I have read about pain having a memory and other theories. 

thanks moon I am willing to try anything. 

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Moon, with a wave to Quirky~

I too have been aware of the two-way learned effect of pain and would be interested in what Lorimer Moseley has to say. A quick look on YouTube shows he has several videos.

Living alone (apart from furry friend) does allow a tendency to look at one's own hassles, hopefully a bowling tournament or similar will come along soon to allow you to concentrate on other things, in the  meantime do you have anyone you could visit as a distraction?

“How you can sit there, calmly eating muffins when we are in this horrible trouble"

Croix

Moonstruck
Community Member

"It really doesn't matter Croix....I had some crumpets with Lady Harbury"

Yes re the tournament my physio yesterday encouraged me to keep trying out.   I do know that is an activity that demands sole concentration on "the moment"...the present!!   Not what happened yesterday....not what may happen tomorrow.  You are totally in the moment...(to do a brilliant job of it anyway).  There is a very good chance that pain or fear or thoughts about it won't get a look-in.....if I get the chance to immerse myself in my "other world".   That is of course.....if I still pass the try outs and they want me.   I'm a bit scared though.....on the other hand, giving it up out of my life completely would devastate me!     It is who I am.

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Moon~

Well I'm glad your physio is of a like mind, and you are right, once you are in it's totally absorbing

Flippers crossed you sail though the try-outs

Croix

Moonstruck
Community Member

Dear Croix.  I suspect I would be a perfect specimen on which to try out a placebo.....you know, a fake and useless pill that the GP assures you is a strong painkiller and hey presto...pain gone!!   Yes a placebo would work for me.  If I could convince myself it would work, then it certainly would.   Moon S

Moon

i have been seeing an acupuncturist for 3 months for my pain and it is helping. Son said it is placebo, who knows if it works I am there. 

Moon just saw your reply on my thread and I replied. 
thanks. 

Croix.....If you think it is helping then it is!

Quirky....Yes I saw it....thanks.  Just realised when I answered your post about acupuncture ....I began it "Dear Croix"..so so sorry.    Dementia obviously beginning.   Have a good day.....

Moon 

I mix up names words, thoughts and friends and family constantly correct me.