FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Feeling lost and overwhelmed...what happened?

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Wow, this was meant to be 'my' year. A new year, a fresh start, a year to focus on what i want to do and where i am headed but i have hit a brick wall and can't break through. Single mum 3 kids. My little one has more kinder sessions so i have 3 days with about 4 hours free. With kids at school/kinder, this was my plan and how i wanted to spend my time i was excited/positive up until last weeks:

Do a few odd jobs around the house, fix a few things, big clean up;

Join a gym, do yoga for relaxation, walk every day - take care of me

Do an online course or some short courses so i can think of going back to work next year when she starts school. I could do something i really enjoy, a new career.

Maybe do some casual work or start a little business from a hobby

How i feel now:

Don't know where to start,anxious, guilty for not doing anything with my free time yet

How will i juggle 2 teenagers and a preppie and work all on my own next year?

If i work next year who will look after the little one on school holidays? I don't want to use school holiday programs when she is in grade prep. The thought makes me sick.

Maybe i should sell the house, just get rid of the mortgage and rent and be free ( i have this thought every month around pmt time) but where would i go and would i be renting forever? I feel overwhelmed with mortgage and bills, just like everyone i guess. Am i running away from responsibility, am i lazy?

I feel i have to be doing something all the time, feel guilty if i take time out (i was fine first week of kinder, this started second week I feel guilty not working, Scared I'll get in trouble for not doing anything yet and for having free time. The course i wanted is too expensive but i can look at other options.

I feel like a lazy mum, bad example to set for my children.

I'm anxious and depressed. i look at others with their families and how they are happy and going out and going away because they can afford to.

Am i crazy for being like this? Am i a lazy person? I had it all planned out, what happened, why have i now fallen like this? I saw a positive future, upgrade my skills, get out there and be something now i cant see it anymore.

I've lost my direction. People have said to give myself time to adjust to having some free time and to take a break and then rethink what i want to do but i'm panicking, like i'm wasting my time and i cant get going. I don't deserve anything i have.

Thanks for reading

cmf x

4,913 Replies 4,913

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

The Universe shows me how people really are & I'll still be like "no they're not" & the Universe will be like " ok, let me show you again".

randomxx
Community Member

haaa , good for you.

ps, that last one was to your other post about looking good.

And just to this last one, oh yeah l know that feeling to.

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

I'm currently reading "you can heal your life". I just read about approving of yourself. Something resonated with me, a line that said people their self worth is dependent on their body shape. It reminded me of when sis did her body building & was reaching up into an overhead cupboard to get something.  M looked over at her and asked me "doesn't she look fit?" Whilst we were dating I went thru menopause & gained weight. I've now lost weight & look so much better. M now tells me how hot I look etc & his reaction when I wear certain outifts is different.  I know it's nice to compliment people on weight loss erc but when I gained weight I always felt unattractive to him. One night I was feeling blah & grabbed his hand jokingly  to feel my flabbiness. He pulled his hand away like he was disgusted & said no.

It shocked me a bit. I felt how I looked mattered more than WHO I am. It was hurtful.

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Wow. I'm watching a show & the characters are in a casual relationship.  She realised she wants more, a husband, family he realised he likes what it is & doesn't want it to end. How funny.

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

cmf

For most of my life I have been a bit overweight. I. Last few years I lost weight . I know people who didn’t know me when I was overweight say it is good not to be overweight. I feel if the knew me when I was overweight they would nit be my friends. 

we are the same people as we were when a bit heavier. Yes we are the same kind, caring people. I feel that if I put on weight again people will treat me differently.

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

My little miss had a sleepover last night for her bday. We didn't get much sleep. I'm exhausted, have anxiety & really need a hug. I want a hug from M. I can't wait for her friend's to be picked up so i can cry, just get it out. Funny thing is I want a hug from him but can't talk to him cos he doesn't understand anxiety & can't deal with tears.  I feel so alone 😥

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

M messaged. He checked the bike & cleaned it a bit & wants to drop it off tomorrow night. Tomorrow is little miss' bday so not sure if it's a coincidence. He thought I was home earlier, maybe he just wanted to spend time together? I feel he's missed me. I def feel like I'm missing him. I want to be loved. 

I wonder,  If he went overseas now would he miss me? I think he would. He's definitely more keen to see me.

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

It goes to show how stale our relationship had become.  I know that's true but I still blame sis.  I changed because of her presence. I'm not good at telling my siblings things. The trouble with their set up is that if she was home when I went there,  which she was most of the time, what could she do? Go to her room? It was her dominance, listening to conversations, commenting even if she was upstairs. Being all over us & def texting him when he was with me. She couldn't wait for him to be home. She had to be his number 1. Funny how all her bf's were/are guys who weren't around muvh. The first one spent weekends with his mates & nect 2  shift work. She definitely likes her space. M even told me that but she couldn't give it to us. If she was on her own she had to intrude on us. She had no idea. What's hers is hers & what's his is hers.  Yep, married couple 😂

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

M brought the bike over. His 20 year old son has outgrown it and he knows M gas brought it to us.  I told him if he needs it back to tell me but he said he won't be for a while ie he won't have any grandchildren for a long time. This makes me feel  he wants to see me for a long time cos he knows it he messes me around he will lose me for good.  I remember we used to say we had a 10 year plan & that when little miss finished high school & our older kids had probably moved out we would live together. I remember the look of shock on sis" face when I said that it could happen earlier if our kids moved out sooner. She was not happy. I saw her jolt when I said it. Makes me think she'll never move out so he can't have someone else move into her space.