FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Anxiety symptom makes me gag

Jill_G
Community Member
Hi its ny first time posting. Ive been suffering anxiety now for over 3 months and it came out of the blue. ...wasnt sure what was happening to me. Been to doctors and dicussed all sorts of treatments. Lots of ups and downs. One sympton lve been having over the last month is gagging every morning abd there is no medical reason for it. ...has anyone else experienced this ...its really imoacted my life terribly
111 Replies 111

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Jill,

Just checking in to see how you are going?

Tim

Oh Tim! You must have known!

I had a massive panic/anxiety attack today. At work. It was awful. The classic symptoms for me - racing heart beat, sweats, emotions all the classic tell tale signs for me. I was triggered by a message from a loved one

But, I did something different I put my anxiety action plan in place and i also called bb to talk to someone as it was a bad one. But, I overcame it and I am proud of that. I feel bloody exhausted but nothing a good nights sleep, some tv and yes medication will not fix.

You’re an angel Tim and thank you for checking in. On a lighter note. It’s becoming more manageable and less frequent!

- happygoluckymiss

Also! I hope everyone is well and yes, Jill I hope you are too!

- take care everyone

- HGLM

S_am
Community Member

Hey this is my first time posting on any site like this i am a teenager and im completely riddled with anxiety so i know how all of you feel, i also have had quite a fee tests and they all come back to the same answer, anxiety. Panic disorder is what they call it when there is no physiological reason for your angst but months go by and you still believe the same thing. I have first hand experience with this and im sure many of you all feel this. I just have to keel reminding myself that when i thought i was going to die, knee that i was going to die i realise now i would be dead by now or in hospital but im not because if they suspected the slightest thing wrong they wouldnt have let me go. My anxiety has quickly manifested itself physically, its the most terrifying thing in the world but at the time i just sit down and say im fine i wouldnt be here still if i wasnt. Physical symtoms include nausea,intense chest pain, sweltering hot body flushes, tingling and cold pins and needles, jelly legs and arms, for most of today and yesterday i couldnt get up without having either intense dizziness to the point of passing out or having a really heavy chest like my heart was struggling to beat jaw pain, indigestion, spasms and cramps. The whole sourse of my panic is i feel my heart is faulty that it will give out on me. Im too scared to sleep or to shower. Im a teenager and its holding me back, limiting me not only mentally but physically. I mainly try to keep my mind off it with stimulating activities, lack of stimulus is a main cause of anxiety. But nothing helps when its night and everyones asleep and im alone. So im writting this at 3:10am on the couch not knowing what to do so i thought id give it a go.

Hi lm still struggling with this morning dry reaching and awful taste and smell. Been very anxious overvthe last few days ...thanjs for checking in

Jill_G
Community Member
Hi Tim l still havethe dry reaching each morning and awful taste which makes it worse and my anxiety gets worse...saw a phychologist which went well to help me understand what was happening with me. Going back to gp next week as she suggested meds might be whatbl need

Hey S.am

Thank you for posting and I know how much courage it takes to write this all down. I am fairly new to the forums and have found them a great source of comfort, support and help. The BB community is kind, non-judgmental and can offer great support.

I am not an expert or a professional in any capacity, but I can speak from my experience (my most recent panic attack was yesterday) and it was not great and everything you described. I was able to overcome this fairly quickly as i have an "anxiety action plan" and i put this into action.

How i got to manage this anxiety and not feel absolutely shell shocked was I took the step and consulted my GP and a then psychologist which have both been instrumental in learning to manage the anxiety.

Have you seen or spoken to your GP? They gave me a number of helpful tips, along with every member of this site and the information on this site. One of the most valuable was having the anxiety attack action plan which you can adopt to suit you.

I hope you're feeling a bit better today, but please if you can go and speak with your GP and keep talking to us here.

Take Care

-happygoluckymiss

Hi Jill G,

Thank you for posting, it was lovely to hear from you. I'm sorry you're still feeling sick and uneasy in the mornings.

I also wanted to check how you went with your psychologist?

Thinking of you and take care

- happygoluckymiss

Hi...my session with the physcologist went well...will see her again next week. She explained to me what anxiety was and discussed whatl was going thru.thanks for checking in...last few days havent been great with my nausea

Hi Mitchy

How is your nausea going?