FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Anxiety symptom makes me gag

Jill_G
Community Member
Hi its ny first time posting. Ive been suffering anxiety now for over 3 months and it came out of the blue. ...wasnt sure what was happening to me. Been to doctors and dicussed all sorts of treatments. Lots of ups and downs. One sympton lve been having over the last month is gagging every morning abd there is no medical reason for it. ...has anyone else experienced this ...its really imoacted my life terribly
111 Replies 111

Thank you for getting back to me!

I understand the need to have control, or as I call it peace in your life.

That’s so good you are going to the psychologist next week to discuss how you’re feeling.

please keep me updated and know that this wonderful community are your biggest supporters and allies!

- happygoluckymiss

I to take anti nausea medication as well. I think that if I didn't have the nausea it would be soooo much better to deal with this stupid anxiety. I also take medication that my doctor prescribed to me, but I only take that when I get really bad. Some days it is soooo hard to even function like a normal person. I try to fight through it but some days it is just impossible. I am also an overthinker which does not help me either. I am off to see my doctor this afternoon and fill her in on how I have been going. Sometimes I do not have a trigger and boom it just happens. I am so glad I found this website and I now don't feel like I am the only person suffering this horrible disease. Thanks everyone for your advice and what you are going through, it is soooo helpful to hear other people's stories and how you cope with things. xxx

Bam888
Community Member

Hi there

This is my first time on here and hopefully I have done this right.

I have been suffering ptsd and anxiety and depression for a very long time. I think sometimes I have it controlled but as soon as there is a hiccup in my path I get very anxious and fear creeps in and can be like this for along time I have just tried some new meds but I don't think they are working I have tried different meds but haven't yet found the right one. Most things I read about how to control my problems they say a hobby exercise etc but when I am so anxious or struggling with fear I just don't have the get up and go but I do work so it helps a little. Just wish there was a magic spell that could just help us all.

I have been looking for someone or group to chat with so I know this can only help.

Hi bam888

thank you for posting! I know how hard it is to take that first step. It’s a big one and a good one. I did this just recently and for similar reasons

I’m very new to this forum and I am not a medical professional at all. I only can speak about my journey and how I feel and cope or not cope.

I too am slowly navigating my way through my mental health. I actually just went to the docs today to discuss it. I have situational depression, anxiety and some ptsd (from a very toxic and abusive marriage).

I joined this forum for exactly the same reasons as you said: that talking about it with a community could help. I find it hard to talk about feelings face to face but writing them is both helpful and necessary.

You know, it has helped. It has helped immeasurably and allowed me to understand that I am not alone and dare I say that everything I am feeling is normal with this illness.

This community is beautiful, welcoming, non judgmental and absolutely wonderful.

you mentioned that magic pill to make it all go away - well I find that this community, the wonderful community champions and everyday people are that magic little pill that just makes my day, and hopefully yours, a bit brighter.

i am really looking forward to chatting again soon.

- happygoluckymiss

I totally agree if it wasn't for the nausea and gagging would be easier to cope with...l totally understand its so awful....hope ut really gets better for you

I totally understand. If l may ask do your anti nausea pills give you a funny taste in your mouth l swear l can smell it. .it's weird. ..dr told me it shouldnt but who knows...the taste makes the gagging worse

Hi there just checking in....last 2 days have been ok but today was a bit rough with the anxiety and gagging...l wish it would stop but lm trying to work thru it ...lve taken no anti nausea medication last few days as l found once the gagging stopped l could manage without the pills. I have a funny taste l get which isnt nice either. ..lm told uts anxiety related...have you experienced this

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi,

You mentioned a funny taste with some medication. My dad had something similar to that many many many years ago when he first went on ADs - I cannot remember whether it was taste or smell. Either way, he spoke with his GP and the medication was changed.

In the 90s, about a year after starting work, I would have coughing fit that eventually would cause me to throw up. Looking back, I maybe should have gotten help then. I say that now in hindsight, because some of the things I would say back then were also the indicators for SI. Because if I knew how to deal with it then.....

You are not alone here,

Tim

Jill_G
Community Member
Hi Tim thanks for your response. Im not on any meds at the moment but still experience this weird taste and smell...l also have been experiencing a weird feeling on my lips like a tingle ...l read up on it and apparently its a anxiety system as well ...cant catch a break at the moment. ..has anyone else had this....nerve endings lm told...its strange

Jill_G
Community Member
Hi everyone....lm.off to see a phycologist today as lve been really struggling with this anxiety and feeling lost. The worse is in the morning with the day starting with gagging and until l get it under control lm a wreck. My lips feel a bit wierd like a slight tingling. Im really hoping my session today will help me...this anxiety has really impacted my life. Some days are ok but l have to work really hard at it and its exhausting