FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Alone..Depressed..Sad..

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion
Hi..I'm new here..just need to put my feeling down..no one to talk to makes depression and anxiety so hard...the last 4 days I have either been in bed crying or on the lounge crying..I can't seem to get out of this...I am becoming a prisioner in my own home as its getting progressively difficult to go out.. I have to go out Tuesdays so I do everthing on that day but it's like I'm holding my breathe all day until I get back to the safety of my home then I can let go and that starts the cycle again of spending the next 6 days at home either in bed or on the lounge sad and depressed...I really feel like just giving up.. My husband passed away 4 years on This coming Thursday. My children live 6 hours drive away and have small children so I don't see them that much.Bad mum and grandmum I am on there last visit i was pleased to see them but I just wanted them to go home. I feel so aweful and numb atm..
5,647 Replies 5,647

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

HI Grandy & friends,

That's such good news about Ebony! She & I will be running rings around the house any day now. [Grinning LRC, hopping up & down with sudden excitement] Can't wait!

All the best with the tests.

Yeah, like DB says, the triggers can hit awfully fast. I can see, Grandy, you are dealing with them better & better. It's not like you don't know what they are & how to deal with them. You do.

Love the idea of getting together with furbabies, all playing around us. Well, I just might be playing with them, too. Little tug-o-war, or fetch, & I'm a happy LRC. Or if there is one who just wants to he held & stroked while they sleep, that's fine with me, too.

When Ebony can fully participate, & the weather is warmer, (not sticky hot), I'll be there.

Make sure you look after yourself, Grandy. Like the make-up ad says, "you're worth it". (oh, nevermind the make-up, just take their motto to heart).

Hugzies all round, as yu please - a group hugzie!
mmMekitty

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello, ecomama, Deebi👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩, Quirky, mmMeKitty and everyone..🤗.
Thank you all for your caring posts..

Last Saturday went okay… we seemed to have different ones on Saturday…it was a bit scary not knowing them, they were friendly, which did help. in time I hope I will get to know them better….and feel more comfortable..

I did all the tests for my leg, back and hip…then Betty and I went to a little Chinese food court cafe…We payed for a plate and could put our own selection of food on them….the food was so yummy… after that we went home, my anxiety got the better of me and I couldn’t face going into anymore shops

ecomama, I did start to watch that clip…”things are working out for me” but couldn’t finish it, sorry…to much similar to how late husband used to constantly repeat his words over and over again with his face so close to mine, when he felt like doing so….

I do mostly listen to sleep stories each night while I’m laying down, sometimes I’ll listen to self help books and stories from the bible….the reader has to have a gentle voice..

Quirky…it’s really beautiful to see you here….I bought a packet of mixed nuts last week and was very disappointed in them…not much of a variety….95% were all normal peanuts ..  I do love peanut butter…I’m a bit naughty and add a small sprinkle of Himalayan salt on top of it….

Deebi, I’m back to myself as much as I can be…takes a while to start getting back up….but do it…we do, doesn’t matter how long it takes, as long as we are aware that it’s possible….hope is a powerful thing…and we need to keep hold of it….Deebi, I do hope your doing okay……gentle reminder, you can talk to me about anything…love you precious friend🌜💙💙🌛

mmMeKitty, yes being aware of our triggers is a must…unfortunately sometimes it’s just not possible because it happens out of the blue, very unexpected when we seem to be doing really well within ourselves and our profile shield are relaxed..that triggers get us..

Hoping everyone has had a good day today…

Friendships,  whether in r/l or by forums are so precious…my love, hugs and care to you all..♥️🤗🦋..my dear friends..

👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩Grandy..

demonblaster
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Grandy I'm having probs posting here as well so will just be super quick lovely. 

Just popping in to see how you are and sincerely hope Weds went ok for you and Sat at work too. 

You're always in my thoughts. So much love dear friend. 

These keep telling me Im over 2500 characters and when I change it doesn't. 

Love you heaps hun pubAok yadimh sss xxx

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hey Grandy ALL good dear lady! 

Glad to hear things were nice for you at work last weekend. Chinese food yum! Lol. 

To Grandy and everyone, 

I'm just popping in to let you know I'm leaving the forums for a hiatus. I've been thinking about it for a while, made my decision now. 

There's a broader explanation about stuff on my thread, but for here, my kids and I are ALL doing GREAT! 

THANK YOU for your love and support! 

Wishing you Grandy and everyone reading ALL the very best of ALL things, most importantly mental health. 
Love EMxxxx

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello everyone 

I wonder if anyone has this happen a lot on new forums. For no reason the post I am writing before I have finished goes straight to being replied. I never touch reply button do it is so annoying to half finish sentences.

Grandy I may try sleep stories. 

Big hugs to all 

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Grandy, DB Quirky, & waving to EM, again, too! (I will get to your place, yet. I know things have been going very well for you lately. Still, I will continue to wish you all the best.)

Grandy, it seems to me, you are more responsive to when you feel uncomfortable, like when the anxiety gets to be too much, & you decide you've had enough. Yeah, your decision, to say & endure, or choose to look after yourself, to care for yourself, & leave at that time. 

same goes for that video clip. You can turn off the clip, turn away from anything which feels at all too much, too threatening, triggering, whatever.. I'm so glad you are choosing.

That sounds like a video I would not want to watch either, not like what you describe - too much like some people in my pat, too.

I enjoy having something playing at night. The importance of it becomes clear when, as lately, the internet connection cuts out & I'm left with, firstly, my tinitus, secondly, with whatever my mind decides now is a good time to chuck at me. When I want to sleep, I don't want mental interruptions.

When I'm up & have time to sit & write things out, okay. I try to deal with the feelings that come with the thughts, then.

At any rate, this is the plan. It doesn't always work. It does give me some sense of being in my own driver's seat. That's important to me. I hope it is for yu, too.

DB, I've had problems with the character count being inaccurate, even when I don't use emojis. (I was told that might have been the problem). I have copied my intended post, edited it in word doc., & still could not post. A few times I have resorted to splitting my post into two posts.  Sometimes cancel wht I want to post, (copying first - pasting in Word Doc), going to another Discussion, & returning later. That' has helped a couple times.

It really is frustrating, especially as I become more physically uncomfortable at night.

Quirky, I think, once, I've had a Post post before I was ready, without clicking the big Reply button.

I'd suggest emailing Modsupport. We want to know what you have to say!

Hugzies, all,

mmMekitty

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hey Grandy.

How are you doin? I don't know if you are safe from flood waters, so I' wanted to check that you are okay. Just as you worry about DB, we worry about you... you are so precious.

Hugzies,

mmMekitty

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Dear Deebi👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩, ecomama, Quirky, mmMeKitty and all…🤗..

Thank you all for your posts…..Yes I’m safe from the floods, I was unable to get out once due to the flooding of a creek in my village, but I didn’t know about that until Betty* told me….Unfortunately the bigger town were I work has been damaged by flood waters…a low level bridge has collapsed….the worse thing …and it happens quite a lot, is the cemetery has gone under water…that is so very 😢 sad…

Betty’s son and daughter-in-law who lives in Forbes has lost all of their furniture and personal possessions, even though the house is 2 stories, the water has entered both levels…..They are safe and to me that’s the most important then….things that can be replaced…but not lives…My heart goes out to all those effected by these floods..it’s really very sad and many people/families will have to start over again😢..

Quirky, sweet lady, I’m sorry that is happening to you….it’s mostly the character count that I get frustrated with…even though I’m under that count..it still won’t let me post…A few times I got that frustrated that I had to walk* away from that post, because tears of frustration were present…I decided that if that happens again to me, I’ll copy half at a time and make it into 2 posts….I’ve done that once so far….

Mentally I’m doing okay…🙂

Can you believe it snowed yesterday near me….in November only a couple weeks away from Summer……Nature is so unpredictable with a will of it’s own…it was a very cold day yesterday,  today is warmer…

My love, hugs and care to everyone…♥️🤗🕊..

👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩Grandy..

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Grandy.

I'm so very relieved for you being safe. I feel so very sad for all those who have lost so much. Watching any of these people re-entering their damaged homes, seeing what is left, is heartbreaking. It brings to mind what feeligs my parents must have felt in 1974. I wasn't able to empathise so much back then, as a child. It's been very emotional for me.

Yet, I'm really, really glad you are okay.

Caring hugzies, Grandy & furbabies.

mmMekitty 

demonblaster
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hey sweetie Grandy 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩 and everyone 🖐

Darlin that’s really good news that you’re safe and ok. I have been concerned and checking here 👀 lovely one. 

We got here at my brothers last night. I wanted to visit you here before but here now precious 💕

Geez doesn’t water do such damage it really is awful what people go through. Such disruption and heartache to peoples lives. Betty’s people copped it hard didn’t they too poor things. That’s so sad about the graveyard it must be very upsetting for so many and geez the bridge collapsing too struth.

It’s weird isn’t it snowing so close to summer. I like the cooler not cold though weather I know you too prefer the cooler but probs not that much Brrr

Grandy you sound as though you might be goin ok now darlin. Well done hun it’s quite a load to get through eh. The good thing is we do eventually. Power to us 🤗

I must contact them here about my ongoing issues too same it’s annoying saying we’re over character counts. 

ok darling friend please stay safe, always for that matter. You are so deeply loved Besty Grandy. PubAok YAdimh you matter. 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩🌈🌟 🍫🤗🙂🫣that one’s cute too 😅