FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Alone..Depressed..Sad..

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion
Hi..I'm new here..just need to put my feeling down..no one to talk to makes depression and anxiety so hard...the last 4 days I have either been in bed crying or on the lounge crying..I can't seem to get out of this...I am becoming a prisioner in my own home as its getting progressively difficult to go out.. I have to go out Tuesdays so I do everthing on that day but it's like I'm holding my breathe all day until I get back to the safety of my home then I can let go and that starts the cycle again of spending the next 6 days at home either in bed or on the lounge sad and depressed...I really feel like just giving up.. My husband passed away 4 years on This coming Thursday. My children live 6 hours drive away and have small children so I don't see them that much.Bad mum and grandmum I am on there last visit i was pleased to see them but I just wanted them to go home. I feel so aweful and numb atm..
5,647 Replies 5,647

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Dear mmMeKitty, Deebi👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩, Learn to Fly, and everyone….🤗..

I didn’t go to work Monday or Tuesday…I did give the shop keys to to Betty….Betty told me that man came in on Monday and Betty said he done the same….selected 4 dresses off the mannequins, when he went to get his wallet out….he discovered he had lost it…..secretly I was pleased this happened to him….I feel bad for being pleased….but Karma has a way of getting back at people…

I thought about your post Learn to Fly..a lot…I am not that same person I was when hubby was alive, well in some ways I’m not, but in other ways I am….I still fear men and strangers….I took my mind back, looking for happy times…I couldn’t find not even one through my life before his passing….I am sure their must be some…just can’t find them..

Since his passing, I have made a lot of life choices that has brought me closer to my children, took a few years of hard and very emotional work but I did it….I found out I can do grocery shopping on my own…can make everyday life choices, some are good some are not…but doing it I am….I am volunteering my time…Hmm something he would never do nor let me do….because no $’s in my pocket….I can wear what I want to wear….eat what I want to eat…..I have moved forward….I even have a good friend in r/l……as well as here…..Just get knocked back sometimes…

I had to a few times ring Mental Health NSW when my thoughts got unhealthy….I don’t have any mental health supports any more...I can do life on my own most times, but there are times I will admit that I do need help and guidance to get me out of my triggered PTSD….

Thank you all for being who you are…and helping me in keeping my head about the water….

My love, care and hugs everyone…💗🦋🤗..

👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩Grandy….

ps….I will call over to yours soon bbff….much love to you…💙💙🦋🤝

demonblaster
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hey there my dearest very loved 💜 deeply appreciated besty best 👩‍❤️‍👩 hi everyone too 😊 Same goes with appreciation to the beautiful people being there for our beautiful lady here 🤗

Grandy the life you've had which continues to haunt you reliving such wicked hard times has lead you to much better which I know you are so grateful for and I"ll add deserve honey heart. And the amazing people we've met here and become firm friends with. 
I just love that you have real and such good caring people in your life now my gorjy (Gorgeous eco 😊)

I'm SO proud of you, always have been. You're so much stronger than you credit yourself for, we all are I reckon. I've been thinking how often daily about you about how to help if I/we can liking yourself. It's taken a long time for me to realize hun that's I think the best place to start our healing. 
As I've spoken about before we spend every nano second with ourselves. Maybe a mindful way is look at ourselves from an outsiders perspective. There's a mighty lot to like and love girl

I love so much as well reading that amazing post seeing how far you're coming. You got this beautiful lady and we've always got you.
I get this might just be words. Let's say for now Grandz but not  for evs. (ever)
 I'm learning more  Grandy love it really is in us. We do have the ability   to make it happen & intelligence to learn how.
Good you spoke to Betty about that terrible man. 
Ahh darlin I'm so pleased you rang MH. It's a hard call. Hopefully it's released some pain & ? open with luck some possibles for help of some sort.

Grandy please darlin don't let that be an option. I know how it is being in the Black, it's too easy to take that road if our mind sees it as a choice. If it isn't an option our mind has to find another way of pulling through and back up. It's there.

Deepest love for you Grandz 4evs 💜👩‍❤️‍👩🗯🤗👀

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Gear Grandy (with a wave to DB and all)~

I've been away and have just been catching up on your thread. I'm not surprised but to appreciate the  number of people that have been giving you support.

I guess there is a big difference  between how they see you and how sometimes you see yourself.

They are not wrong, you a lovely and gentle, sensitive and kind.

You may be surprised to learn I regard you as a healthy person.Yes I know, you can point to things that you think you do wrong, or should do better in, but the point is since you husband died you have started to grow again, making your decisions, going out to do the shopping, dealing with the ups and downs of volunteering, and importantly getting closer to your children and grandchildren .

You even know when to get help by ringing up.

You are not the Grandy I first met, you are different, more balanced and less 'enclosed' by the past -wiser.

In a few years itme I'll be saying the same again, because you will have grown more

Croix (who is looking forward to getting back to his nice peaceful tidy iceberg:)

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hey ya, Grandy, just stopping by to see how you are going, to give you some gentle gugzies if you'd like them.

I like that you were able to list some things you are doing now. I't's an impressive list. 😺 & you look after yourself pretty good, your furbabies, too. I'm glad you were able to phone Mental Health NSW when you felt you needed.

Sometimes it's hard to see how far we've come over the years. & something happens & we can easily feel as iff nothing has changed. I've felt like that, too. I think that's why we need to make a special effort when we achieve anything, even the small achievements, which at first feel like big achievements for us, but not so much for some others, So, don't worry if others don't get that doing your own shopping is a big achievement - & you need reminding of that from time to time. You also get to celebrate whatever you want.

If you find it hard to go out, but do it anyway - when you do, have a little dance, congratulate yourself. Feeling good about achievement can be a happy memory to keep.

Isn't it a joy to talk to your grandkids? That's something to feel very good about - your relationship with them. 

I haven't done nearly so well when trying to reconnect with any of my family, not even my sis & her son.

For me, the relationships are the hardest. Making decisions about myself & my life, what I want & need, all come a close second hardest. I dread making really big mistakes, maybe worse than ever, so I am fearful of making decisions, most especially about relationships.

Other mistakes don't seem so bad now. 

Oh, getting too long for a quick 'hello'! 

Just one more thing. I wonder why you feel bad for feeling pleased to think that man had lost his wallet? As I've been told several timese: your feelings are your feelings, & none is either 'good' or 'bad'. They are simply what you feel. No judgement comes into it. See the feeling, acknowledge it & let it go... if necessary, "bye-bye" 👋 because it's your feeling & you can do with it what you want.

Hope that helps.

mmMekitty

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Deebi👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩, Croix, mmMeKitty and everyone….🤗.

I do try to look after me the best I can…I have 3 little pooches that are dependent on me…sometimes it’s really hard to pick up that phone to ring Mental Health….It’s a lot better though then the alternative of going down the other road and landing myself in hospital again…

I couldn’t face going in on Monday…so I went to work on Tuesday and although I was on the edge all day and constantly jumping every time any walked through the shop doors…I done reasonably well well….he didn’t come in…if he did come in my plan was to go outback until he was ready to buy what he wanted, then I’ll go into the shop and ring up his items….I am the only one on the till...both Mondays and Tuesdays….then he can go on his way…I did good for myself by going in…

When I was in hospital, my psychiatrist and I made a list of my achievements since being widowed…I forgot about that list, until I found it, while decluttering…That’s one of my coping strategies…throwing things out…it’s not by choice but an automatic reaction that I can’t stop that I do when I get so low, that I don’t care anymore….I need to throw out my things so my kids don’t need to…. I have thrown away so much this time.…that if I don’t learn to stop doing it…I’ll have nothing left.

I don’t talk much to my children ot grandchildren…if only they knew the sacrifices I made for them at times, to keep them safe….at least that rift has been healed…we are all on good terms and they know I’ll always be their for them, with all with my love and care….

Thank you all for your wise words and caring posts…you have all helped me so much…more then you will ever know..

My love, care and hugs everyone..💗🦋🤗..

Deebi, Pubaok… 💭 24/7…Love you bbff…so much..

👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩Grandy..

demonblaster
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Dear Grandy and everyone 

Sweety I'm having so much trouble posting here atm. Trying here and at mine no go. 

Hoping this'll work if not I'll contact bb. 

Really hope you're going ok dear friend. 

Love you so much. Always thoughts, can't even get emojis working now but could before. 

Dearest Grandy, 
I love how you listed things you know you can do by yourself. It's like suddenly realising "oh, I can actually do this on my own. And it feels ok. It's not as scary as I had thought so". Every now and then,  I set this sort of challenge also for myself. This actually helps me to not only remember myself, but also learn and realise some things about my very self. It can be empowering. Elevating levels of my self-confidence, which are never that high. It also helps me to feel good about myself. I am prone to harsh self-critique, and slowing down and analysing things that I do by myself, helps me to appreciate myself a bit more. And go a bit easier. I hope that by learning how to go easier on myself, I could also be a better person to my loved ones and be less demanding. 
Anyway, I just wanted to appreciate how you went back to your past as I do realise this might not have been a pleasant experience for you, in case some negative memories were awoken. 
xx
ltf 

Paw Prints
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello Grandy, waves to everyone

Well done lass going in last Tuesday... I hope Monday & Tuesday this week were a bit easier for you.

I don't know if there is flooding near you... but do be very careful driving to work or the shops please lass... there hasn't been as much rain here as a lot of places (no flooding) but the roads are just falling apart, with potholes you could hide an elephant in... I'm sure they must be worse in NSW with all the continual rain.

I had a good chuckle at your description of you clipping your furs... they can be mischiefs when we just want them to just stay still for a few seconds at least... we need another arm or two at times like that... which is why Woofa gets his nails clipped at the vet where there are two of us to do it... when I try to do it at home I'm lucky if I can get one nail done... 

Be gentle with yourself

Big hugs

Paws

demonblaster
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Grandy and all the lovelies reading here, INCLUDING walruses and kitty cats lol, 

You are doing so well Grandy. I'm SO glad you found that list of achievements showing your progress since H died. A great reminder for you when things aren't as pleasant as they have been. 

You know about that person who seems to be triggering you? 
Dr Joe has remedy thoughts about this kind of thing. It's called mental rehearsal (some call similar visualisation). 
It's empowering for our thoughts when we need to go to the place when past triggers occurred. 

IMAGINE a wonderful, calm and happy workplace. The 5 senses, the perfume you may wear, the feeling of the clothing protecting your body, the happy chatter in the shop etc until it's like you are there. 
I've often visualised a pure glistening WHITE bubble streaming from a bright light source in the centre of the space and bursting outwards to the boundaries. I've burnt incense sticks in rooms I want cleansed. 

Chanting the Full Armour of God Prayer helped me get through extremely stressful situations. 

Miracles happen every day. 

How are you doing today? 
Love EMxxxx