FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Where to from here?

Guest_9895
Community Member

Hi everyone. This is really difficult for me. However, here I go. I have recently separated, after 17 years together and married for 4 years, 67 year old fulltime carer of a brother with down syndrome; he has no biological connection to my husband.. To say I am shattered is an understatement and feel like life is not worth the pain and heart ache. I would love to go into more detail regarding the betrayal from him, but will only say it involved domestic violence towards my granddaughter. I am reliving  this turmoil again, having been betrayed by my first husbands affair many years ago. I thought I knew this man but obviously not. There's much more including uncertainty around finances and my home. I just wanted to reach out for support from others that have been or are going through a similar situation. I know I am not alone, but it sure is lonely. I am currently seeing a wonderful counsellor who is treating me for generational trauma. Thank you for taking the time to read this post. All the best. 

2 Replies 2

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

hello and welcome.

I'm so sorry to read that you are going through such a painful and difficult situation. Ending a long-term marriage, especially with betrayal and domestic violence involved, is extremely traumatic. You have every right to feel shattered - what you are experiencing is incredibly heavy. Please know that you are not alone, even though it may feel lonely right now - the people in this community care very much for you. 

It's also good to hear that you are getting counselling during this challenging transition. Please be gentle with yourself and lean on your supports as you navigate this tough path. You have survived betrayals before, and you will get through this too, one day at a time.

Listening...

Appreciate your reply smallwolf.💟