FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

My K9 Community Champion passed away

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hey everyone

my beautiful Chow Chow/German Shepard cross was euthanized at home here in VIC on June 9 with degeneration of the spinal cord...He couldnt walk anymore yet his heart and lungs were okay

He was a rescue dog that sat right beside me and helped me write over 11,000 posts of support on the forums

He was kind...and loved his stuffed toys

He was huge..57 kilograms with massive paws...The photo on my profile pic is only a year ago

I couldnt even get a VET on the phone or a home visit to discuss his health in the last few weeks of his life without being brushed off...He was panting and walking slowly inside the house for 18 hours before he laid down on his side.....Then he waited 9 hours for VET. This was horrible

Thankyou for letting me grieve (and modsupport for the care)

Paul

14 Replies 14

Hi Dan..thankyou so much for understanding and your heartfelt post too....You are spot on...the memories are treasured for sure. I really hope you can stick around the forums....You have a big heart

Hi Sarah....thankyou for your tender post of support and understanding how a Champion works in reverse...your hugs are always welcome...kudos to you Sarah xxoo

Hi Mark....you are a kind soul....always have been and always will be....You have always been providing support to people in pain and your care factor is really appreciated during my own difficult period. Good on on you Mark for rescuing the starving kitty..Excellent!.. thankyou for mentioning 'give myself time to mourn' kindest

Hi Grandy......you are and always have been a gentle soul.....His name is Prince.....a 57 kilo gentle giant...thankyou for inviting me back in to talk....It means a lot ....bear hugs..Paul

Hi CMF.....you have a brilliant memory with my posts and mentioning Prince...Thankyou for taking the time to read my post.....and for providing your support and comfort....You started helping others on the forums when I started years ago...The gentle hugs are wonderful.....Paul xo

So very sorry Paul. I knew him also as"Big Woofah" as that is the name you lovingly called him sometimes on here.

Gentle hug Paul

Shelleybelly xx

Hey Shelleybelly and thankyou for the gentle hugs. You have a super kind heart Shell. Mr Woof 🐕🐕🐕

Hello Croix

Thankyou for your heartfelt post about Prince's passing on my mindfulness thread...I havent been on there for a long time...I just noticed it

greatly appreciated

Paul