FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Divorce

Sad
Community Member

My parents are about to split. I’ve attempted suicide before a few times when I was at my lowest. We’ve waited so long for our new house to be built but now, it’s all going to waste. To be honest though, my parent’s marriage was holding on by a single thread. I’m so scared. I don’t want to pick sides. I have 2 siblings, I want to be with them.

1 Reply 1

Dean07
Community Member

Hi Sad

I'm sorry to here that your parents are separating.

I am going through a separation after a 30 year marriage. I can tell you that it is not something anyone would do unless it was the last option. I have 2 adult kids and telling them was one of the hardest things I have ever done. 

Firstly the separation is not your fault. You don't have to pick sides. Both of your parents are still your parents and always will be. If they want you to pick sides that is not for you to do.

Marriages sometime last forever and other time they come to an end. It can be very upsetting at the time but life will sort out in the end.  Your parents will most likely be happier apart.
It's ok to feel bad about the changes. life will get better in time.

Good Luck