FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

l can not stand what the world is becoming

Guest_1584
Community Member

Change change, update update, learn this be that, gdp's and countries becoming so inter tangled , cultures lost and as if Australia needed to lose what tiny culture it did have? The internet/computers/smart phones, l just hate what it's doing to the world, lives ,our young, just so wrong our minds and blown stress is higher than ever in history, so damn depressing and never ending. BB has changed, Ebay l use for work never endingly, every time l go to run ads l have to learn whatever latest bs changes they've made since. My trading site one of the best l'd found, they've completely ruined, it's not even customizable anymore.

It's taken 6mth to hack my own new computer and ways to stop never ending updates - you normally can't turn of, yet they suck up your data , computers stops whenever it feels like it middle of anything fitting updates. Yeah you can at least set a time- just more bs. Not to mention important stuff just lost bc of updating.

And BB , sorry but what on earth possessed them to do whatever they';ve done to this place, it's unusable to me now. Not to mention  3cam band at top now using valuable screen space with nothing in it that couldn't be set on a1cm high line instead of taking up 3cm of your screen, the word counts stuffed, threads are ridiculously set out.

The insanity of changes all these places make- out of pure boredom l'm sure, ANY of them touch anything, l've seen so many sites just ruined.

Thank the Gods we've at least got a new Gov now with at least some soul and undoing and bringing in sooooo many things our country's been so desperate for so long yet had been rail roaded into putting up with the last 10yrs.

Maybe the materialism mentality with all polished up brand new everything and shallow life it's become here will find some soul again, so many things.

So much about the world now. Gdp's,wars, competing, climate,internets and never ending new gadgets and change and updates, monstar insane mortgages,costs of living- learn this manage that cope with this get with the program, talk about "the human condition" There it all is right there.

rx

16 Replies 16

Hey everyone, We hope you don't mind us popping in. We just wanted to acknowledge these concerns and let you know we are hearing them and feeding back to the team. 

We do keep an eye on data that helps us to know whether people are using the Forums, and it’s been pretty stable as we’ve moved onto the new platform. However, these numbers are only a small part of the picture of how the Forums are going for everyone. We're also listening to the feedback we're seeing here, even if it's not always possible for us to make changes right away based on it.

Before launch, we did a lot of research and testing with some of the Forums community to ensure that what we were changing is what you want and need. We're hearing that our research and testing could've been more transparent, though, so thank you for helping us to see how we can improve. There'll also be more surveys upcoming, where we'd love to hear your views.

Thanks for your comments, and for consistently showing how amazing this community is. Croix - we love your comment about the impact this place can have when it's working well. 

We've made changes because we want the Forums to be the best they could be for this amazing community. We’ll keep working to be as transparent as possible as we work on reviewing and improving it. As always, we are so so grateful for your patience, and your perspectives as you feed back to us along the way.

Thanks everyone.

Kind regards,

Sophie M

Sorry the ps was ffollowing a reply to rising but the first part seems to have gone west but anyway,

Your son sounds like a wise old man rising , so nice to see. My d is a very deep old and earthy soul , both ex and l are very earthy and l'm very similar but there's so much of my d just in d to, it's really gorgeous. yeah books are so special l know. more than ever now. l use pc's and phones but only bc it's more practical now and l need to them for work. l went to sell my art book collection when l gave up art the oldest was 90yrs old, nothing for the uk or Europe but something for Oz. l've never finished any of them to keep them even more special but the buyer said are you sure you want to part with them , couldn't do it and kept them. She understood but sadly for her she won't find another collection like that.

But yeah nature is a gift to us, it's our medicine, and the world is only just waking up. l had lunch with the whales just today , first time l've caught them this yr, so spesh. And the cross wind and cold blew all this rubbish out of the mind.

rx

Thanks Sophie.

Not an easy job l suppose , l remember the suggestion thread, enough to confuse all in the end l'd imagine,

Hi rx

I get how mobile phones and computers have  become a bit of a necessary evil these days, one could say. I suppose there are moments where they also give us a dose of heaven on earth. I love the ability to research so easily on my laptop. Being someone who just loves to wonder, all the things I love to wonder about are at the tip of my fingers. I love it, yet it does distract me from life at times. It also provides access to a lot of the constructive changes going on in this world. It is an amazing age we live in, so promising when I see a lot of the advances being made.

You're so blessed to witness the grace of the whales. So beautiful. I should look at going to Lakes entrance around whale season instead of always aiming for Autumn each year. Life is partly about making memories, reminders of what's beautiful, exciting and inspiring.

You're a gift to your daughter, being someone who raised her to appreciate the simple things in life. Our kids end up being so grateful for that stuff, as it tends to ground them at times when the world gets their head in a bit of a spin. Good for us too. Our kids are such great teachers, sometimes reteaching us of what we taught them, leading us be become more conscious of who we used be in so many special ways (reminding us of the stuff we need to hold onto). Personally, I remain neglectful, being so disconnected from nature. I chastise myself at times. Far more productive to do something about it rather than sitting back reprimanding myself. It's a waste of precious time, all that self reprimanding. Sometimes I think we can take on way more than we need to, then declare 'I just don't have the time to reconnect'. Consciously making that reconnection is so important.

tHANKS RISINg . Yeppa , that is the human condition.

l refuse to be too busy , always have, l always make time l need my fix

unless it's an emergency.

Thx for the nice words.

rx

Echtis
Community Member

I really struggled with the new BB update. It kept telling me I was over the character limit despite the character counter telling me I was 100 below. Ended up having to delete stuff that I thought was important.

I can relate to most of what you said, and I'm also sick of it (change for the sake of change).

If you do figure out how to manage the stress from all this BS you will be up for a Nobel Prize at least.

Sorry if this isn't any help, I just wanted to say you're not alone feeling this way.

Thanks for that Echtis.

Yeah l dunno. Gadget wise, think l've finally killed of the latest round of phone spam, againnnn. so that's something. Dunno how long it'll leave me in peace again this time.  l made the boo boo of putting my number down on a supposed legit site, never do that but l had to on this one. Thankfully after blocking 100s, it's going quiet again.

My pc's hacked to the hilt to just do as it's told and nothing else, hope to keep it for yrs and yrs now bc l dread the thought of what that'll take for the next one by then. Phones 5 or 6yrs old, prob need a new one soon, dreading that to . Have a plan though gonna take the next one to a tech to get rid of everything and dumb the thing down to an antique, same with a pc in the future.

That's the thing , even living the most minimalist life poss as l do already, they still box us in , even to just pay a bill and God help us if we've gotta call one of them hey. But it's right through life now, and all over the net, our phs, the authorities, don't think people realize just how much.

l dunno , throw it all away and go be a beach bum , or grow veggies, or move to the outback and tell no one. Brothers movibg to bali , lucky bugger.

rx