FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Depression? Why wait?

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

It has you in its grip. 

Why wait?

Why wait until you decide?

Why wait to be happy?

Why wait for dawn before you feel?

You can enjoy a flower before the bee arrives

Your depression isn't yours

Why wait to own it?

It's a back pack 

It will stay

Why wait to release it

When you cant

It ain't going anywhere 

It can stay

Why wait to acknowledge 

There's more in life to focus on

Every body has a freckle

Why wait?

Let your love of yourself catch up

To jump on your back

To squeeze the life

Out of that back pack

It robs you of your smile if you wait

Wait, why wait?

Let that tear fall

Smiles and tears

Why wait to embrace? 

You no longer wait

To run into the sunlight

But wait

No... don't wait...

🙂

18 Replies 18

therising
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Tony

I love it. You've led me to great contemplation. I wasn't conscious of exactly what I was waiting for until you posted this. I think I've been waiting for things to be easier or for something outstanding to tap me on the shoulder and say in it's own way 'Take this direction' and for me to be excited about that direction.  You've led me to realise that waiting, itself, can be depressing at times. You can look back over days, weeks or months and think 'How have I managed to waste so much time?'. I'm observing the facts when I say this is not an easy time in my life, it's a testing time and somewhat depressing. Of course, no constructive mind altering life changing test is ever easy, for it's an examination of what we know or what we've learned so far, an examination of our strengths and our weaknesses (what we need more work on) and an examination of how hard we're prepared to work to pass the test to get the results we want.

Tony, you've led me to realise I'm waiting for just about everything, for something happy and exciting to stop me emotionally eating and lose a seriously unhealthy amount of weight, waiting for my husband to step up and help with our separation or do something that leads me to reconsider the whole thing. It would have to be mind blowing at this stage. Btw, he wants us to stay together but won't do the work involved. I'm waiting for management to be more conscious at work and stop loading on overwhelming angering levels of stress. I'm waiting for certain key people in my life to be more considerate. I'm waiting for excitement, relief, joy and so much more. Deep down, I think I'm waiting for that so called 'final straw' to motivate me, in all areas of life. That's it, I feel like some sad angry exhausted camel waiting for the last straw, waiting to be broken.

Tony, with all my heart I say thank you. I'm not going to wait. You know what, I think I've just figured out the test. It has not been about finding the best direction, it's about becoming the director. I shall begin to channel more of the director in me. Your post has been positively mind altering. I am deeply grateful for you and you're inspiring level of consciousness ❤️

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Tony,

Very beautiful and inspiring….. exactly why wait?

We can have our mental health conditions but why wait? 

We can decide to carry on with them and in the process we may just actually realise that they may just drop off when we experience the greatest things in life.

❤️

Hi the rising

Well, thats my ultimate goal as a writer and motivator. Thankyou.

The "director".. yes, be that director. Some thoughts on your post

• Many decades ago I had a long term GF that I was reconsidering returning to. Then we had a chance meeting at shops, a 15 minute chat, then realised the things I couldn't stand would always be there like indecision and inconsideration. Effort by you husband might be short lived. You deserve better.
  • I wrote a piece on how to get into tasks.  https://forums.beyondblue.org.au/t5/staying-well/switching-mindsets/td-p/274532
  • Your workload at work. I made pizzas once and was constantly urged to go faster. My answer- "I have only one other speed and that's slower"
  • Some things have to wait- saving for a goal, a puppy to stop biting (we have a new one) etc. Patience, my mother used to yell "find some patience" - https://forums.beyondblue.org.au/t5/staying-well/supermarket-shelves/m-p/122356/highlight/true#M1198...
  • "Of course, no constructive mind altering life changing test is ever easy, for it's an examination of what we know or what we've learned so far, an examination of our strengths and our weaknesses (what we need more work on) and an examination of how hard we're prepared to work to pass the test to get the results we want." - yes positive subtle changes. Unless we have suicidal thoughts where we can take a more radical road. https://forums.beyondblue.org.au/t5/staying-well/when-all-is-lost-what-can-you-do-be-radical/td-p/47...
  • My therapist said in 1987 "Tony, when are you going to stop wanting to change the world"? my 1st wife said "Tony, until you watch a flower bloom from start to finish, you havent lived" (the only words of wisdom she had lol) and another from my therapist "You are black and white in a world of 9 billion grey people, learn to bend".

Have a great weekend.

TonyWK

Exactly Petal

We recently bought a puppy, a mini Foxy like our 10yo dog. This puppy has inspired us, watching her so determined as well as playful and loving, feeling her place her nose on my neck to sleep.

The finer things in life...  lovely people, caring ones, sad ones. We can enjoy life. We aren't here long enough to afford bothering about what doesnt matter.  Gossiping individuals, nasty social media trolls, ... 

TonyWK

Ohhh how beautiful a puppy 😊

I agree Tony I prefer to focus on the positive things in life.

We can enjoy life and choose where we want our attention to be. 😊

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Wow therising, I felt winds blow through my spirit as I read your post. Like I saw Pocohontas have the winds blow through her, that was an animated film, still AMAZING! 

Indeed why wait until you're broken omg no! 

The final straw, being reading Tony's words, is only the beginning for your wonderful life. 

Indeed BE the Director! Yes! 
"I am the DIRECTOR of my life"
"I am the CREATOR of all things in my life". 

Tony WK as always, your words are truly inspiring. Your talent is a GIFT to us all. 
Thankyou. 

I ain't waiting! 
I'm taking the God forsaken bosses to task this week. Prepping all weekend for it, mentally & spiritually especially. 

I have a bunch of White Sage to smudge our property, ain't waiting for more from the yuck new neighbours, just the rain to pass lol. 

Went on an AWESOME bush discovery last weekend in a hidden acreage being regenerated for the black snake and micro bat populations lol. Potting up Indigenous plants for that space from my garden to gift there. 

Yah, on a roll! 
Found stuff to convert my SUV into a camper lol. Ain't putting a tent up. Just pack and go. 

It feels GREAT. 

Love EMxxxx

EM

Wow, how inspiring, load up that SUV and go! Why wait? Pack the beans, eggs, 2 minute noodles (they are tastier 3 minutes lol) and enjoy.

Nature, our medicine... 

Thankyou ladies. Change is our greatest accomplishment.

TonyWK

therising
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi EM

You're so inspiring. With you mentioning the sage, a little voice in my mind said 'Well, what are you waiting for?'. I have 3 bundles of sage sitting there in my bedroom, just waiting to be used. The house feels so heavy, so dead, so empty of anything positive. I do believe a cleansing is well overdue. My kids feel it too (my 17yo son and almost 20yo daughter). For the last couple of years they've been begging for us to leave. It's been my husband's refusal to leave that's been stopping us from moving on to the next stage of our life (all of us together). I know, deep down, we need to leave him behind or else we'll never evolve beyond where and who we are. I've come to better understand his nature over the years. He finds comfort in what's familiar, in sameness, in not taking risks/in what feels safe, in not opening his mind, in no adventure (not adding ventures to his life resume). Took me until recently to finally wake up to the fact we're living his version of reality, his idea of what life's about - comfort and little more than that.

For the smudging ceremony, I shall write out a ripper of a prayer to speak aloud. Something so energising to the point where I feel everything lift. I shall include your wise words 'I AM THE CREATOR of all things in my life'. In the process of creating much needed change over the coming weeks, I will create the house that will sell at top dollar. It currently needs a bit of work before I start getting agents in.

Thank you EM, you're magical. Maybe I need to channel Pocahontas a little more😄

Hi Tony

I read your thread involving being radical and found it undeniably inspiring and insightful. it managed to trigger more of my instinctive self. I'd never thought of procrastination as a brick wall before. I've been trying to put my finger on what it is that I'm facing or feeling right now and hadn't been able to identify it until I read the 'radical' thread. Yes, I can feel it's impact, procrastination. There, it stands before me. If I am to imagine a brick wall with a personality, I would say it's laughing at me while challenging 'Try getting through me b***h!'. Now my imagination's running wild as I say back to it 'Try and stop me!'.

It's been so many years since the full on risk taker and adventurer in me served me well. Such elements have come to sit in the recesses of my mind, waiting to come back to life, almost chomping at the bit. With yours and EM's words, I can feel them coming back to life with a kind of energy I haven't felt in so long. I'm so relieved to the point where I'm now literally crying. You've both stirred something in me so powerful, I'm feeling overwhelmed.

I am so deeply grateful to you both. While I believe we all hold the potential to be seers, while it is easy to see for others (what they need), there are times where seeing for our self just isn't possible. Thank you both for seeing for me, for being my eyes in the dark in the lead up to such enlightenment❤️