FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Can I just get it together?

Pasha1234
Community Member

Hi,

i am new here and I am struggling.

I have a great life but 2 years ago I got to a breaking point and saw a doctor and then a psychologist. I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety and I felt isolated. Ever time I went he would give me titles of books to read which I couldn't find the motivation to read and in the end I stopped going.

flash forward 2 years and I am struggling, I feel numb. I lost it at work and embarrassed myself and said some horrible things about people I like and about a job I used to like.

i feel constantly stressed and part of that comes down to keeping my mask on laughing at the right times and trying to keep calm and carry on.

i opened up to my partner and told him how I felt and he was great.

i made an appointment to see a gp and cancelled it in the morning and I don't know why?

i know I need help, I know I want to feel better but I have no motivation to do so.

i just feel so lost and unmotivated and flat.

12 Replies 12

Pasha1234
Community Member

Self sabotaging again. Far out. Yesterday I slept through the appointment as it was my first day off in 12 days.

i pretty much spent the whole day in bed after that because I felt so useless.

Hi Pasha,

Is there someone that could go with you to the appointment? Like your partner? Maybe it might help ease anxieties/concerns about going to the doctor and they can ensure that you go?

BballJ
Community Member

Hi Pasha1234,

It sounds more like an accident that you slept through it. I do feel you need maybe someone to give you a nudge and go with you maybe?

My best,

Jay