FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Pinned discussions

The BB cafe

Kazzl
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

The BB cafe is open for business!
Welcome all to a new chill and chat place for everyone on the forum.

The BB cafe is whatever you want it to be. There are comfy sofas, tables and chairs, coffee machines, a kitchen stocked with everything. There's a pool outside, a bbq area, an annexe with comfy beds for a quiet sleep, tv, dvd, books and whatever else you would like to have here.

Most of all, it's a place to meet friends and fellow travellers for a bit of company. Talk over problems, tell jokes, share your day, escape into a world of your making. Grab a coffee and pull up a chair ... 

So, with a nod to the wonderful Carole King (Hard Rock Cafe) ...

Now if you're feeling just a little bit lonely
Don't sit at home just mopin'
Come on down to where the friendship flows freely
You know the door is always open

At the BB cafe
Come to the BB cafe
They will help keep your blues at bay
At the BB cafe

Important Message from ModSupport: 
The main intention of the BB Cafe is to encourage light conversation. Please look after your fellow community members by nuturing the BB Cafe as a place to escape some of the more pressing issues in life and save those conversations for personal threads. 

20,504 Replies 20,504

sbella02
Community Champion
Community Champion

mmMekitty, I will come and dance with you! I've been really getting into my 80's stuff lately (thanks to Stranger Things), so if Kenny Loggins' Danger Zone is on there, or Footloose, I'll be happy to hit the dance floor. I'd hit the dance floor to any song though. Also, feta cheese is my weakness, so I will definitely be sharing that salad with you! I'll bring my own salad, it's significantly less fancy than yours, I've only got lettuce and a few other veggies in it.

Big B, go on! I'm a talkative person, so I love listening to other talkative people. Let's indulge in a couple of pancakes over another game of pool, shall we? 

In answer to your question, it's probably been a few years that I've been coming here now. Might've been 2020 or 2021? Since the pandemic, all my years have blurred into one. Lol.

In honour of my bday week, I'm bringing you all virtual cupcakes. Enjoy!!

SB

Hello LRC, SB, BigB, wave to everyone,

Cook or Chef?... based on what meals I have seen made by Chefs on tv, I always thought the difference was that a Chef was someone who didn't know how to cook food... eg; I've yet to see one who can cook meat all the way through rather than just browning the outsides... a good cook can & keep the meat tender.

I might have some of the pancakes please... with golden syrup & lemon juice would be just perfect... I promise not to drip any on the pool table...

Dancing??? eeek!!  I have no sense of rhythm or co-ordination... though I'm sure Woofa would love to join you all as he loves wagging his butt...

Hugs

Paws

I never said I could dance - I just want to! Being a naturally graceful cat, I'm sure no one will notice how uncoordinated I am. I'd be glad to dance with Woofa too, long as he don't drool down my pretty red fur.

What astonishes me about chefs is how they want to put salt & pepper in before tasting or even cooking for that matter. If they can't make something tasty without it being salty &/ or peppery, well, I don't know why anyone pays those expensive restaraunt prices.

In my support worker's car, she has music from the late '60s up to (I guess) early '80s. We have a good time, remembering the songs & singing along, mostly out of tune & harmony. I'm recalling how to simply enjoy the singing like I once did.

Hi Big B, is there some music era or type you like? We can play anything on our BB Jukebox, from old cylinders & 78rpm records to modern electronic downloads.

Yep, it's the most eclectic jukebox ever made - it'll even play the coloured plastic-coated cardboard disks we had on our cereal boxes. I remember music from The Archies. 'Sugar, Sugar' for one. We had them in the USA. I don'[t know if these were available in Australia. We played them on a wind-up toy record player.

No judgement here. The only thing here in BB Cafe & across the BB Social Zone is that this is the 'lighter' area of the forums.

Myself, for example, me beiing mmMekitty, aka LRC (Little Red Cat, whos is/was actually not so little), aka mmMekitten (all me at different ages), nobody minds. People seem to have accepted these aspect of myself. Partly I 'play' with these aspects, & I also think they help me to express myself more.

By all means, take your time, look around a while, & when you feel comfortable, Or even when you aren't but feel a need to talk, you are welcome to do that. Serious things; you might like to make your own Discussion about that in the area best suited to your topic.

In the meantime, those pancakes were wonderful!

mmMekitty

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Oh I got sidetracked ... Happy Birthday Week SB! How do you like to celebrate? Is there anything very special you would like to have or some thing to do  or a place to go?

Hugzies

mmMekitty

Hey hey everyone! 

The Beyond Blue Cafe always welcomes readers and new posters that are 'testing the water' before posting on the main forums 

Please look after your fellow community members by nuturing the BB Cafe as a place to escape some of the more pressing issues in life and save those conversations for personal threads. 

my kindest always

Paul

On The Road
Community Member

Good evening everyone 🙂

sbella02
Community Champion
Community Champion

Thank you mmMekitty! I had a gathering with a group of friends over the weekend that's just been, and I went out for dinner with my family. Also had a lovely uni class for the entire day, ha! It would've been cool to do something adventurous like go rock climbing, but a simple day with friends and family was enough for me.

Paw Prints, I don't have much coordination either, but I love to dance anyway! We'll put on some music at the BB Cafe today, and I want to see everyone's best dance moves.

What's on the agenda for everyone's week ahead? 

SB

Hello OTR! caught me up late - happy me! It's good to se you.

Are you looking for a cuppa tea, green, herbal, or some such? I'm in the mood to join you, while I think what to call the sort of quick stepping, pouncing dance is, that I do.

Hugzies

mmMekitty

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Ah, I know! My dance is called 'The Kitt'nish Stomp" - SB, you want to try? You gotta bouncie from front paws to back paws, a few time, then crouch low & prowl around going under the pool table, then, pounce upon unsuspecting pool players - dash away & repeat!

It's going to get hot this week, but still I have exercises & an appointment with my Ophthalmologist & another with the Occupational Therapist, as well as the usual with my PDr - usch is my life!

Hugzies

mmMekitty

sbella02
Community Champion
Community Champion

I'll try it with you! Sorry pool players, this dance is important.

Lots of appointments, sounds like a busy week. 

I'm just about to put on some tea, I'll share it with everybody. English breakfast for those who like it, any other tea upon request for those who don't!

SB