FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Meaning of life???

Guest_322
Community Member

Hi everyone,

I have just been thinking and being naturally curious (ahem, nosy), I'm wondering what life means to you on a personal level? Also, what makes getting out of bed worthwhile for you each day?

Of course there's no right or wrong answer as it's completely subjective. If you're still figuring it out, feel free to say that you're not sure.

My own answer to both questions is "I don't know" and "I don't know." Definitely still figuring it out.

Happy to hear from anyone.

Dottie x

42 Replies 42

Hi Sarah (SarahLulu),

It's great to hear from you again. Thank you for sharing- it's a beautiful story and sentiment. I agree that there's a lot of truth about animals, like dogs, understanding love and kindness better than many of us humans.

Those are all worthy causes, and I think it's very impressive that you have such a clear sense of purpose and passion at 16. Elephants clearly hold a special place in your heart, and I think they could certainly do with your help too.

It's pretty cool that you play a range of contemporary songs on piano. I also play but I don't play much contemporary music- mostly because my training just so happened to be classical. In terms of more modern music, I can play Never Let Me Go (Florence and the machine), Rolling in the deep (Adele) and Hello (also Adele). There are some other ones but I can't quite remember them off the top of my head ha, ha.

Anyways, I wish you all the very best and may you help lots of animals and continue playing your tunes on piano.

Dottie x

SarahLulu
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Dottie,

Thank you for your reply (I really wish there were notifications))).

I don't think it's amazing at all with what I do for animals. It's more like common sense that doesn't appear to be very common. I'm the younger generation and if we don't fight it's us and our kids and grandkids who will only see elephants in pictures and orangutans and tigers in zoo's. These animals will never have known to be real - they'll never be seen in the wild and I think that's just outrageous.

I definetely do love Adele songs and have been meaning to learn never let me go as well. I would like to learn classical music one day but I have heaps of time for that.

Thankyou so much x

Hi Sarah (SarahLuLu),

Your post made me smile. I love your rationale, passion and wisdom- gotta hand it to you.

I think it's great that you care so much, and feel this strong sense of social responsibility that many others don't possess (or to a much lesser extent than you). It must be frustrating for you at times too.

Yes, I'm sure you'll get around to learning Adele songs and classical pieces- there's no rush ha, ha.

Keep doing your thing. I respect what you're doing 😊

Dottie x