FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Let me know your favourite word

yours_truly
Community Member

Hi!!

Drop your favourite word and its definition and maybe even teach us a thing or two. 

I’ll go first!!

Alienation: The state or experience of feeling isolated or estranged 

Please be mindful that some words may be triggering or inappropriate. Other than that HAVE FUNNN :)))

20 Replies 20

woahh this is a completely new word to me and i just love it!! It sounds so pretty and the unique combination of letters is just perfect. I love a good word that also looks pretty when spelt out!!

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hey YD. Interesting thread topic and thankyou!

Pompous: Adjective: people that elevate their sense of 'self -importance' These people usually present in a formal and serious way due to their false belief that they are better, smarter, or more important than others

Paul

NB: It is amusing to observe pomposity (for myself)

I love this word, it really resonates with the constant state I wallow in 🙂

-Yours truly

Hey Paul,

I absolutely adore that word. It's just so fun and the pronunciation matches the meaning so well!!

-Yours truly

Hopefull7
Community Member

Fabulous

Extraordinary, especially extraordinarily large.

"fabulous riches"

Or

Having no basis in reality; mythical.

Fiatlux
Community Member

My favourite word for this week is the French word Chocolat

pronounced as, 'show-ko-lah’

Going back over my high school French. I absolutely love this language. 

I like the French language too.  I had 2 years of French in highschool too.  The only other choice of language was German.

Eagle Ray
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Whimsical

Meaning something along the lines of curious, quirky, unusual and lightly fanciful or mysterious. I have always liked this word for some reason. I like the sound of it and what it means. It is almost a word unto itself because it is hard to put into words what it means. I associate it with interesting people, songs, movies, creations etc with an air of wonder about them. It feels like it links to the imagination.

I also did French in high school!! I still remember a thing or two, but maybe I should go over it too :))

Now this is a word I should start adding to my daily vocabulary. Isn’t it such a magical word?