FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

A song to express your feelings

lookingforme
Community Member

At this hour, I find myself particularly vulnerable because I am heavily sleep deprived, and my brain can't really process. I have been awake for 21 hours and 12 minutes straight after a string of nights of only a few hours' sleep. I don't feel well, nor do I feel sleepy. So, I am listening to the soundtrack of my life entitled "Walkabouts" and right now, the perfect song to describe what I am feeling (at least the chorus of it) is Madness by Muse. Has anyone ever felt like they could communicate more if they did it through the songs that already exist? I challenge us to have a conversation consisting of song quotes.

So, dedicated to my depression; here I go...

Ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-mad mad mad...Ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-mad mad mad....Ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-mad mad mad...Ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-mad mad mad...I, I can't get these memories ooout of my mind, and some kind of maaaadness has started to evolve. Ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-mad mad mad...Ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-mad mad mad... And I, I tried so hard to let you go-ooo, but some kind of maaaadness is swallowing me whole, yeah....Ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-mad mad mad...Ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-mad mad mad...I have finally seen the light. And I have finally realized, what you mean....

Ooh oh oh

[MODERATOR'S NOTE: Hi everyone, just a reminder that song lyrics are copyrighted material, and we (as in BB) can get into trouble for reproducing them without permission.  If you could just keep to sharing song titles, or one or two lines from the song at most, rather than whole lyrics that would be great - that way we can keep this thread open. ]

1,015 Replies 1,015

Feels like a lifetime
Just trying to get by while we're dying inside
I've done a lot of things wrong
Loving you being one
But I can't move on
You know I, I'm afraid of change
Guess that's why we stay the same
So tell me to leave
I'll pack my bags, get on the road
Find someone that loves you
Better than I do, darling, I know
'Cause you remind me every day
I'm not enough, but I still stay
If you want me to leave
Then tell me to leave and baby I'll go

Willow Jude
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

'It's me,

Hi,

I'm the problem, it's me'
- Anti-Hero, Taylor Swift 

'These days turned out nothing like I had planned'
- These Days, Powderfinger

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

I've got a chance to go to a Queen tribute on so:

Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen

and just so things don't get too serious:

Bohemian Rhapsody - Muppet Music Video

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

I guess just at the moment I'd go for

"Misery Is The River Of The World"
Tom Waits

That tells me it's time to stop and go read some of a favorite book

Croix

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

A bit of a change of pace, when I'm in a contemplating mood thinking about my reactions and thoughts (which I don't always understand)

"Windmills of your mind" (1968) by  Michel Legrand with English lyrics written by Alan and Marilyn Bergman

Just about everyone has sung it, the Tina Arena version - Les moulins de mon cœur/The Windmills of Your Mind is pretty good (& mostly in English).

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Fatboy Slin "Weapon of choice" (2001) danced by Christopher Walken who gives an incredible performance (with some doubling) especially since he was born in 1943.

Eagle Ray
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Croix, I love this video. I hadn’t seen it before. It makes me want to go dancing through a hotel or multilevel department store or something similar. Thanks for sharing. It’s heaps of fun!

At the moment, as I put in another thread, the song that aptly expresses my emotions is Learning to Fly by Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers. I particularly like live acoustic versions where he gets the audience to sing with him, but like the original too.

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

No Different - Ozzy

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Fivestring's "The Sweeney - Closing Track"

This is a very fitting reflective contrast to the brash intro and the fast paced nature of the show.

ER~ Learning to fly without wings sounds like a lot of us:)

Eagle Ray
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hearts I Leave Behind by Travis Meadows.

I discovered his songs a few months after my Mum died and really connected with several of them. I was reminded of this song again today when it came up in a YouTube playlist. For me it was very soothing and healing in reminding me of the good things that live on is from those who’ve passed. There can be much good, even when there were damaging things too. Right now this is a song of reflection and gratitude for me in relation to my parents and the good things they gave me despite the struggles they had, and that those things live on in my heart and sustain me now. I’m reconciling and making peace with the opposites of my childhood - the traumatic things and the healing, wise, beautiful things.

Travis Meadows is an amazing person who has endured multiple hardships from a young age but has come through so much to write beautiful songs. Unfortunately now he is going through health challenges and cannot currently sing, but is still writing songs that others are performing.