FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

How can we improve the forums? Your suggestions and comments please

Chris_B
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi all, this thread is a running commentary for all members on things for improvements to the forums. This can be anything from how it looks, the categories, to moderation, community rules etc.

While we might not be able to implement everything straightaway, or keep everyone happy all of the time, we'd like to hear about what you think we can do better.

This is not a thread for discussing the moderation or editing of individual posts - if you have questions about this please contact the team offline via email modsupport@beyondblue.org.au

To avoid repeating suggestions already received, below are some results from our last user survey giving an indication of which new features people would like to see on the forums. This survey was answered by 1,597 users:

44% - Email notification when I have a reply on the forum
39% - Access to the forums via an app
27% - Ability to block seeing posts by specific users
25% - Ability to contact users privately
25% - Ability to use emoticons
25% - Ability to follow posts by specific users
24% - Ability to share links
23% - Forum posts visible only to registered users
22% - A profile, viewable by others users, where I can introduce myself
21% - Ability to quickly access all posts by a particular user
15% - Ability to tag users in a conversation
10% - Ability to share images
6% - Ability to share videos
17% - None of these

Update July 2022 - This discussion has now been closed. Please go to the updated version below to share feedback and follow our updates:

How can we improve the Forums?

957 Replies 957

Added
Community Member
Thanks Croix, I will remember this for any future mistakes!!! But I do wonder why we can't delete our own posts? Do you know why this options is not available?

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Added~

There are many times I have wanted to change a post I've just written and maybe when we have a new system that could be included.

Croix

Summer Rose
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Croix and Added

Just popping in to let you know there is another thread dedicated to the forum upgrade. My understanding is that if you want something included in the upgrade you post in the Forums changes - updates thread! I'm not really sure what this thread is about any more.

Also not sure that anybody is taking suggestions from here and including them in the other thread, if you know what I mean.

However, having said that, we haven't heard from anybody in over a month (there were going to be weekly updates) on the Forum Upgrade thread so not sure that it's still active or what's happening with it either.

If Sophie's around maybe she can explain it??

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Summer Rose~

I do know all suggestions on these two threads and elswhere are noted (as has been the editing suggestion).
There is no need to be concerned these matters will not be considered, Beyond Blue is putting a lot of genuine effort into a revised platform.

HTH

Croix

Summer Rose
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hello Croix

Thank you for your assurances.

My point is this …

When people make a suggestion or raise a concern they want to know that they’ve been heard and that the time they spent raising the issue was worth it. They also want to know if action is going to be taken or why not.

Imagine raising a concern of importance to you with any other business/organisation and not receiving even an acknowledgment but being told a blanket expression of “your ideas matter” posted on a website is your response.

Now imagine that the same company is in the middle of a huge transformation that will affect you and you are assured regular hopefully weekly updates but they don’t materialise for close to two months—without an explanation as to why.

Change communication is a really important part of bringing people along with you on the journey. It helps reduce anxiety on what is usually a difficult journey for many stakeholders. It helps to build trust and engagement in the process.

bb usually does it really well. In this instance, as a community member who once felt invested and involved in the change process, I remain disappointed.

Kind thoughts to you

demonblaster
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi everyone ☺

Before I continue I'd like to be very clear that I'm not targeting any particular members. I'm talking in general.

Often on the random times I come to this thread it seems there's a constant flow of negative feedback about the upgrades and "promised" changes.

I understand there are genuine legitimate complaints and reasons for people to be wanting improvements.
That'd go for everyone here including bb.

This is how I see the situation.

I have no doubt bb more than anyone would want here to be improved.
A better work space making their and our lives easier.

Most of us don't know what delays/reasons are happening behind the scenes right or wrong.

It'll happen and is from my understanding definately on it's way.
It'd be a mammoth task.
They can only do what they can do.

Covid for one example's impacted so many people in many varied ways which wouldn't only put enormous extra work load onto bb it also could & assuming has probably affected staff in some form.

As we all know this came on fast and unexpectedly which has created a marked increase in postings which in turn would have increased their work load to max that already I'd think's full on.

Imo and I know most agree here's an absolutely life saving in many cases and incredibly good safe place to be that does so much good for us here on the forums and Australia wide.

One of the strongest rules they enforce here's not to put pressure on members.
Maybe we could reciprocate.

Thank you for what you do bb and everyone including members for what you do supporting eachother and for just being here in this community.

Hi demonblaster

Agree with everything you said, 100 per cent.

My disappointment relates to what I perceive to be a lack of communication at a significant moment. People are engaged and wanting to help and make a contribution to enhancing our community. Real communication and partnership was emerging.

Messages to say, “We’re working through some complex challenges right now and we aim to get back to you with an update in a few weeks and/or months” or whatever the case may be are just respectful in the engagement process.

The silence leaves a void that gets filled with doubt, conjecture, etc.

Sorry if I upset you or anyone else with my post. I’m actually trying to support the process by pointing out how it could be tweaked to ensure bb doesn’t lose community engagement. I take your point though, I could have expressed the concern in a better way.

Kind thoughts to you

Thanks Summer for your reply ☺

No it wasn't you specifically it was aimed generally.

I do know how it can feel to not be answered. Might have been ? unintentional or maybe slipped her mind accidentally.

They'd be pretty flat out I'd say. Just going by what you mentioned in fairness you were initially replied too with a solid reason by the sounds.

Appreciating you communicating

Take care darl I'll no doubt catch you around the forums at times ☺

demonblaster
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hiyaz ☺

Some emails have a choice of 3 well worded responses.

There are times no matter how hard I try and no doubt others too it feels like... geez can't think now either. Yip like insincere but want the person to be aware they're been heard not ignored and/or they'll be back another time.

? Something like that system would be good.

Thanks ⚘

Hi Summer Rose

You have always spoken from the heart. The 'new' improvements were taken on board back in 2017-2018-2019

Then the brakes were applied unfortunately. Croix is correct when he mentioned that BB is putting a lot of effort into improvement of the forums

I'm not certain if it's 'genuine' though as there is no feedback provided in this or the other thread

Great post and thankyou!

My kindest always

Paul