FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

How can we improve the forums? Your suggestions and comments please

Chris_B
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi all, this thread is a running commentary for all members on things for improvements to the forums. This can be anything from how it looks, the categories, to moderation, community rules etc.

While we might not be able to implement everything straightaway, or keep everyone happy all of the time, we'd like to hear about what you think we can do better.

This is not a thread for discussing the moderation or editing of individual posts - if you have questions about this please contact the team offline via email modsupport@beyondblue.org.au

To avoid repeating suggestions already received, below are some results from our last user survey giving an indication of which new features people would like to see on the forums. This survey was answered by 1,597 users:

44% - Email notification when I have a reply on the forum
39% - Access to the forums via an app
27% - Ability to block seeing posts by specific users
25% - Ability to contact users privately
25% - Ability to use emoticons
25% - Ability to follow posts by specific users
24% - Ability to share links
23% - Forum posts visible only to registered users
22% - A profile, viewable by others users, where I can introduce myself
21% - Ability to quickly access all posts by a particular user
15% - Ability to tag users in a conversation
10% - Ability to share images
6% - Ability to share videos
17% - None of these

Update July 2022 - This discussion has now been closed. Please go to the updated version below to share feedback and follow our updates:

How can we improve the Forums?

957 Replies 957

tranzcrybe
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

... nah, I don't have the heart to mention it.

You are a positive influence on the forums, Paul - always looking out for others.

Respect!

Hi blondguy,

Thank you for bringing this to the top of the forum lists, however the maintenance took place last night.

Thank you very much for being a support for community and preparing other users for the possibility of the forum being offline.

thankyou tranzcrybe for understanding 🙂

Paul

Hanna3
Community Member

Hi Sophie,

I often see a new post, and by the time I have thought about a reply and go back to it, it has been moved, and it's very difficult to find out where it has gone - sometimes I have to give up. These are first posts from new people here and they seem to get hidden away very fast under one of the sub-headings here.

Is there some way to move them off New Posts less fast, or how can we know where the post has been moved to? Is there some way of assisting those of us who are trying to respond to newcomers & find we have lost their post? Thanks!

Hi Hanna3,

Thanks for raising this issue. We hadn't considered how difficult it is for users to find a post once it has been moved to another forum. We can't think of any permanent solution at the moment but will be sure to raise this with the development team. 

For the moment, you're welcome to email us at modsupport@beyondblue.org.au and we will likely be able to direct you to the post. 

Thanks again Hanna 🙂 

Guest9337
Community Member

Hi Hanna3, if you like I can assist with your issue of losing posts or threads.

When you discover a thread you want to participate in, use your web browser to bookmark that page and add the bookmark to a folder called "beyond blue bookmarks" or similar. Then with each new thread, just click onto favourites and send it to the appropriate folder.

Another way is to recall the time/date you first looked at the thread, and open up your web browser history and locate that time in your chronologically ordered history. It'll show up there certainly, unless u actively tell the browser to not save browsing history.

Feel free to ask questions or google the process on youtubes for your particular browser.

good luck have fun = glhf dng.

Hanna3
Community Member

Thanks Sophie I've had to search for ages sometimes to find them again and often they have still not been noticed. I don't like to see first posters here be left too long without at least a greeting as it can take a lot of courage to post on BB.

It would be great if some way of tracing them could be worked out!

Thanks for responding!

Added
Community Member
I think it would be helpful if we could delete our own posts. Last night I made a silly error and felt very embarrassed by it - it would have helped if I could have deleted this post and written it again.

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Added~

If it is something you consider important you can always report your post using the REPORT POST red link and write to the moderators explaining the problem and ask them to delete it, if they agree (they are pretty accommodating) it will go.

Hope this helps

Croix

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Added, agree with Croix, that's the best way to delete your comment.

Geoff.