FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

How can we improve the forums? Your suggestions and comments please

Chris_B
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi all, this thread is a running commentary for all members on things for improvements to the forums. This can be anything from how it looks, the categories, to moderation, community rules etc.

While we might not be able to implement everything straightaway, or keep everyone happy all of the time, we'd like to hear about what you think we can do better.

This is not a thread for discussing the moderation or editing of individual posts - if you have questions about this please contact the team offline via email modsupport@beyondblue.org.au

To avoid repeating suggestions already received, below are some results from our last user survey giving an indication of which new features people would like to see on the forums. This survey was answered by 1,597 users:

44% - Email notification when I have a reply on the forum
39% - Access to the forums via an app
27% - Ability to block seeing posts by specific users
25% - Ability to contact users privately
25% - Ability to use emoticons
25% - Ability to follow posts by specific users
24% - Ability to share links
23% - Forum posts visible only to registered users
22% - A profile, viewable by others users, where I can introduce myself
21% - Ability to quickly access all posts by a particular user
15% - Ability to tag users in a conversation
10% - Ability to share images
6% - Ability to share videos
17% - None of these

Update July 2022 - This discussion has now been closed. Please go to the updated version below to share feedback and follow our updates:

How can we improve the Forums?

957 Replies 957

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Sophie_M, for those of us who are regularly on the forums first thing in the morning, it would be nice to be informed the day before when the forums will be under maintenance the next morning, just an email would do.

Best wishes.

Geoff.

Moonstruck
Community Member

What do you advise we can do, when we notice that a couple of threads have gone seriously.(.i.e. a great deal )"off topic"?

I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings by mentioning it on the particular threads (I use and read these 2 threads quite often;) but can't help noticing the last page or so of posts has literally nothing to do with, the Thread's Name, or the Question it posed in its original title? The whole point of these two threads has been lost completely.

How can I point this out tactfully? Or do I just shut up and accept that the aim and assistance these valuable threads offered when they began has been lost.?

Hi moonstruck

Omg I find that also. I think a good thing to say is 'just to get back on topic' and then write what you want to say.

Lynne

Hi Helium.....yes I wish I had the courage to do that....I am hoping the person who began the threads does it eventually...do you think I could do it tactfully without upsetting people?....

Hello everyone,

Moon,

Thanks for your topic.

Without knowing the exact thread , I can understand that in a long term thread, the thread can go off topic a bit at times . Often even if it is not exactly what the topic title says,it may be discussing issues that are related to it even if in a general way.

Also some people find a long term thread and are new and lost so they need support before maybe suggesting another thread.

Sometimes the original person who started the thread has left the forum. Sometimes the person who started the thread has changed the way the thread was first intended and maybe feels it has evolved with time.

If you didn't want to actually say get back on topic, you could write a post that is back on topic and end with a question and hope people will follow your example.

Quirky

Gizz_36
Community Member
A chat room would be good

Hey Gizz36

Great to have you on the forums!

We do have the Beyond Blue Cafe that is our chat room....even if you just want to say hello

you are always welcome 🙂

Paul

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Sorry can not find the Beyond Blue Cafe.Been trying to find it for ages.How do i get on it?

Matchy

the easiest way is to type BB Cafe into the search engine at top of the page.

let me know if you need more help.

Quirky

Hi Everyone,

We appreciate your continued feedback. To touch on a few queries here, in regards to forums maintenance, we will typically be notified in advance and will post an update on the forums to notify all community members, unfortunately sometimes updates may need to be made without notice although we will do our best to keep our members informed.  

As for threads that may veer off topic, as Quirkywords has mentioned, threads especially in ‘Long term support over the journey’ section may evolve over time as it engages members to share their daily life with our community. Certainly at any time if you have questions or are concerned about a thread, please feel free to get in touch with us, the Modsupport team, at modsupport@beyondblue.org.au and we’d be happy to discuss these matters further 😊.

For a quick link to ‘The BB cafe’ feel free to follow the link below: https://www.beyondblue.org.au/get-support/online-forums/bb-social-zone/the-bb-cafe