FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Work anxiety injury

Omstrength
Community Member
Hey guys hope you're all going well! First time posting, 31 yr old depression/anxiety/ocd since 13 at some points quite severe anyway.. started a new job 2 weeks ago and cut my hand at home, passed out ended up in emergency etc. But my hand and stitches is affecting my work (manual work need my hands) and im having massive anxiety about going, as i dont want to be seen as lazy because i cant do certain tasks but they still expecte me to and im not good at saying no or speaking my mind. Anyway any tips on dealing with the anxiety so im not a nervous wreck ay work?
Thank you, sorry if this doesnt make much sense
2 Replies 2

romantic_thi3f
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Omstrength,

Welcome to the forums and thanks for joining us. I'm sorry to hear about your hand!

I understand the feeling of not wanting to be seen as lazy, but the reality is that you're not and you've just hurt your hand. I think you yourself know your limitations, and my guess is that working beyond those limitations is only going to hurt your hand more and prolong your recovery.

I wonder if this is something that you can talk to your boss/supervisor/manager or even to HR? Letting them know what you can and can't do beforehand is going to help them work around you.

By being upfront first, it's less likely to put you in a position where you can't say no and less likely that they'll think you are lazy because they'll know where you're at and how far you can go.

Hope this helps

romantic_thi3f thank you so much for your reply and advice, sound like a good idea to just have a chat, let them know where im at. Thank you