FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

what physical feelings of anxiety do you get?

annabay
Community Member

hey there, what physical symptoms of anxiety do you experience?

I often feel very alone in my experience of having physical chest (what I think are heart) spasms and was wanting to create a space for everyone to list their physical feelings that come hand in hand with anxiety so we can all feel less alone.

hope everyone is well.

797 Replies 797

Hi Paul.

No problem, typos happen. All good. Thanks for saying that though.

Hope you're alright, take care.

Hugs,

Tayla

Hey calmseeker. My apologies for just replying now.

Aw thank you, that all means a lot and I appreciate all of it. I think the same about you and everyone on the forums.

I enjoy chatting to you aswell, and others on these forums. Yeah I get what he meant, sorry for misunderstanding Paul, and to everybody else.

I've had a bad few days, especially today, but thank you. Massive calm vibes to you and everybody here too.

Love and hugs,

Tayla.

Hi Rob, apologies for just replying to you.

Wow I'm so sorry to hear about your sister, my condolences to you and your family.

That's nice that you're going to a gym though so good on you, I hope that helps you and I hope you find other things you think help, and I hope you find support here on these forums.

I hope you're doing alright, grief is a hard thing as I know myself. Just remember there's no time limit on grieving for any lost loved one, that's what I tell myself.

I hope you're alright and I'm so sorry for just replying to you now. You can just log into the forums, then go to My Threads, which shows what you've posted and commented on, and it will show you when people have commented when you click on them.

Massive love and hugs to you.

Tayla

Hi everyone!

Hey Calmseeker......Thankyou for mentioning this particular thread is very 'specific' and not so much 'conversational' I appreciate your help and understanding

Hey Tayla......Its all good and thanks heaps for the kind support you have provided to people on the forums 🙂

Members are always welcome to post what physical feelings they get!

Paul

Hey Paul.

That's fine, my apologies for the misunderstanding.

Also, since this thread is about symptoms, I wanted to ask a general question to everybody if that's ok please.

Is it normal to get angry on meds, or angrier? My previous ones made me that way. I started taking new ones today, I feel fine so far but we'll see, it's only been a day.

Just a general question to everyone since this relates to anxiety and symptoms. I was going to make a post but I don't really feel like it, sorry. And yes my GP knows, I'll have to tell my Psychiatrist next time I see him, he put me on the new ones because I was feeling extremely sick no matter what everyday, and dizzy some days, on the ones I just stopped taking, it just wouldn't go away regardless. It sucked and depressed me, made me anxious too.

Tayla

Hi Tayla! New members are always welcome to post about their physical symptoms of anxiety

no apologies necessary as we are all equal as contributors on the forums...This is a classic question for your GP yet with my own experience anger isnt common with most medications..They can some time to kick in Tayla

Can I ask why you dont feel like starting your own thread? You will have heaps of replies from people that are experiencing similar feelings 🙂 If you are stuck on creating your own thread...no worries at all....just ask away we can help out

We are listening...Paul

Hi Paul.

I just don't feel like making another thread because it's not something I really want to talk about & post about again since it's quite upsetting & traumatic for me. But I'll think about it, I'll see. Thanks for your suggestion though.

As for asking my GP, she doesn't care about me, has no knowledge of anything (has no clue what meds I'm taking, what my Psychiatrists' name is, about Medicare, nothing), & she doesn't do her job. I don't know why. Not that easy for me to get a new GP.

But yes, my parents, GP & Psychiatrist know everything. I'll see about making a new thread although that's why I don't really feel like it. Plus don't want to clog up the forums etc.

Thanks.

Tayla

I can relate to you very well Mendel. Some days are fine then other days can be agonising. I am currently experiencing anxiety and can't seem to shake it, although I do have a few things in my life happening that may be triggering it at the moment. I don't really have any one that could possible help me with this as I have told my doctor and other health organisations of my situation and no solution has been successful. One thing I do find that helps is to have a journal or diary to write down all that I am feeling and going through, and or to take walks, it seems to clear the mind a little. Being occupied can help also. Working out exactly where the anxiety is coming from can be tricky, finding solutions can be to. Hang in there and know that your not alone.

Cuddlybear
Community Member

Hi everyone,

I've been reading everyone's symptoms and show empathy. My symptoms can be burning sensations in the head or pins and needles, to constant headaches, dizziness and lack of balance.

Anxiety can be scary and frightening at times and I myself is trying to find some form of solution or therapy to cope with it. I tend to just take myself out of that particular situation causing anxiety, instead of facing it, so it continues with all other situations I'm in.

It is enlightening to hear other peoples stories and to know your not alone, so thank you for sharing.

Hi Everyone! Thankyou for sharing your physical anxiety symptoms and to Annabay for writing this thread topic

Hey Cuddlybear.....I understand your symptoms and they can be horrible to have. I remember having the dizziness...the pins and needles and especially how scary it was as well...Thankyou for your positive reply when you mentioned that its enlightening to hear other peoples experiences with this condition

my kind thoughts

Paul