FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Used freak out when do things

Fathiyma
Community Member

I used have anxiety issues I was never offered proper medication but honestly it never helped, it eventually went away with only help from myself, the Mental health place I was receiving help in the community I was offered counselling but I started too late I already helped my self because I used wave my hands it went away because I had children so I had no choice to do things, I actually developed waving my hands after staying so long in the hospital when I came back home it was weird you would think I  wouldn't forgot how to do easy every day things like cooking basic things, I remember I was too scared take hot food out of the oven, doing dishes was hard, just boiling needles in water was difficult it was like I was young again and learning basic things again. I know it's difficult how can we know how get better from Mental Illiness my best advice make it up as you go,try different things to cope, just doing something like even going to the beach do more for yourself, you can google free activities to do in city you live in.I treat my self that's the way go about it.Go hard, dream hard.Good luck 

2 Replies 2

Bob_22
Community Member

Hi Fathiyma,

Thank you for sharing your story. Self help is a great tool and something I usually advise for everyone even if they do not have a mental health issue. Here are some great tips that apply to most people: https://headspace.org.au/tips/ 

I personally am at my best when busy or surrounded by people.

Keep us updated on how you're going and thanks again.

Bob

Fathiyma
Community Member

😁😁