FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Sour stomach

marls-
Community Member

Hi there, 

my anxiety is spiraling, in the past few days I am struggling to get through daily tasks, I’ve had a medication change and the side effects feel like they are making my anxiety worse, I suffer from health anxiety and it’s being amplified at the moment, my stomach is so sour and I feel so nauseous all I want to do is lay in bed, has anyone else experienced this? What did you do/eat to help?

3 Replies 3

Wagtail84
Community Member

I’m sorry to hear you were feeling like this, did things manage to get a bit better through the week? 
I hope so, 

wag x

marls-
Community Member

It did thankfully,my stomach has calmed and my anxiety has as well, not better but definitely on the mend. Thank you for asking 😊

jaz28
Community Champion
Community Champion

hi there,

anxiety can definitely manifest in physical ways. i often feel sick, have shortness of breath, and have headaches if I have anxiety. this is usually one of the tell tale signs that i know it's anxiety.  it's no fun, i am sorry you are experiencing that.

usually i wait until it passes, and work on my strategies to help that. when im feeling better i will resume normal activities. if its not getting better, i would see your doctor about it.

i hope it improves soon,

jaz xx