FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

romantic relationships + being too forwards

AusHam
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Over the past couple of years, I've tried to pursue members of the opposite sex for romance,

however each time I try, I end up being too direct or forwards in my approach (Im a guy).

Because my quite direct approach, not only have I lost potential partners, but on ocassions

I have lost friendships altogether.

Recently, I found out I was born left handed and have a habit of letting my emotions cloud my rational

judgement on things I am interested in (e.g. if there is something I want to really buy, I wouldn't care

about the price of the object).

Has anyone else experienced the same things and feelings as me? If so, is there any easy way to deal with

it?

2 Replies 2

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi AH,

It is anxiety.  When much younger I would want the girl I'm taking out to be married off quite quickly lol.  Each and every one of them I took out I could imagine living with as a couple. Yet reality is that most of them were not compatible.

This anxiety I believe led to me marrying the wrong woman. So the stakes are high.

I think if I had my time over again I'd date girls and treat it like a meal with a friend. Then see how it goes.  Let them lead for a change.

Dont worry, if she is interested she'll show it.

dougall
Community Member
Hi White Knight is right, girls are hard work, they change their minds so often that it leaves your head spinning.  I don't know what you mean by direct approach.  Through my many years of being chatted up there has been all types of chat up lines.  I think if a male was to approach me now I would like him to be interested in what I have to say and not try give me a chat up line.  Maybe hello I thought you looked quite interesting and would like to chat to you about how your nights going.  Sounds good in theory.   I don't know what kind of girls you are approaching maybe they are out of your league or you are out of theirs.  One thing from a female point of view they can spot a chat up line a mile off that is not genuine.  My daughter is left handed and it is meant to mean you are very intelligent and inventive.  My sister is also left handed and she was definitely inventive.  Hope this helped in someway.  Stop trying so hard to impress and you will.