FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I want to be happy and free from panic attacks

Terrified_and_Trembling
Community Member

I'm at school pickup. It's as far as I can drive. I have panic attacks driving in desolate areas that I have conquered b4 but it's all coming back now threefold. My kids want to go to Luna Park I can't drive on the highway. I'm sweating hot flashes. People notice I'm trembling. Kids holding My hand whilst crossing the road. My gp is useless as he just puts me in waiting lists for support. Apparently I need diareetic therapy DBT and I'm absolutely terrified and anxious as I cry on the floor at home most days. I have outbursts at people. No one understands I mean No harm .I just want help. I asked for stair access to an appointment but was refused and told lift only. I've ruptured all friendships. I don't want to ruin my kids seeing me this way. They are amazing xx please help me be a the person that I want to be happy and free

2 Replies 2

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi and welcome,

I'm sorry to hear you are feeling this way and that you have to wait for treatment. Do you know what is triggering these feelings? To some degree I know what it's like to feel panicky and anxious and try to deal with children. I too do not drive on freeways and if i do i feel sick and no one can talk to me.

If you need to talk to someone you can call the BB helpline 1300 22 4636 for support. You can of course keep posting here. I have no doubt that others will be along soon to read your post and offer some help. We all haev different experiences and are happy to share our thoughts.

I do hope you find some help or can call the help line and get some relief from how you are feeling.

I wish the best for you.

Baby Steps

kanga_brumby
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Terrified and Trembling, thanks for posting your very brave plea for help. All I can say is keep trying your gp. They may seam useless but sooner or later they will come through. Call BB helpline 1300 22 4636 for support, or life line. Do it for yourself, you deserve the help, especially for your very brave children. they deserve a mother who is functioning well. Which is achievable, with help. Take care keep coming back for more support as you need we are here for you in support.

Kanga