FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I dont know what to do anymore and im worrying myself sick..

alicia
Community Member

i don't understand whats happening to me, i thought i got over my anxiety and out of the blue when i was watching a movie with my husband i had a sudden panic attack that was back in May, since then i have been worried if il keep getting them. i started feeling better again until i landed back from the UK and felt abit sick so i took some cold and flu tablets and had an immediate allergic reaction and was taken to hospital i have never had a reaction to anything before. since then i have not been able to eat properly and i get scared of having an allergic reaction even though i had it before with meds not food and every time i go to eat i basically have a panic attack and think my throat and face is swelling up and im constantly checking in the mirror poking my tongue out to check im ok.. i get all light headed and start to space out alot more often than what i used to its like im not even real when this happens, i have now lost 6 kilos in 4/5 weeks unintentionally. its starting to take a toll on me at work as i keep freaking out over everything  like if i feel something like a pain in my body or if i feel remotely sick i get obsessed with where the pain is from and think im going to die and now even my husbands calling me paranoid and says i freak out allot. I am always feeling so heavy, weak, tired and really emotional i couldn't stop crying today for no reason i am worrying myself sick with whats going on with my body, i also have been getting bad reflux when i try and eat and upset guts getting diarrhea. i have been to the doctors and had blood test done on nearly everything except hcg levels and they all came back fine stool samples to see if i have a parasitic infection ( i had one back in feb) and those test came back clear, i also told them i came off the contraceptive pill 7 weeks ago and all they have said is it may make me have mood swings, could coming off the pill make me feel like this?? like im going crazy??. im so worried that i cannot eat and recently cant really stomach water .i just want to go back to normal again and stop freaking out but i dont know how or what to do!! has anyone had symptoms like this or know of anything i can do to help??

5 Replies 5

Chris_B
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Alicia, I think your post says it all: it sounds like you are incredibly anxious and on edge at the moment.  You say you've had loads of tests done at your doctor's, but have you told your doctor any of the above?  

I'm guessing you have a history of anxiety based on your first sentence, so you have been here before.  If that's correct, then please try and take some assurance from knowing that depression and anxiety are unfortunately a bit like the flu; it can come and go throughout your life, it doesn't mean you're "broken" again.

I'd suggest you go back and see your doctor and explain the effect the anxious symptoms are having on your life, particularly work, and take it from there.

It would be good if your husband could help you through this period as well, perhaps you could refer him to the anxiety section of our website so he can read up on it: http://www.beyondblue.org.au/the-facts/anxiety - these symptoms are very real, and are not just you "freaking out".

best
CB

Pixie15
Community Member

Hi alicia,

I do believe that from my own experience that being on a contraceptive can smooth out the mood swings if they are cyclical so it might just be that you are naturally more moody. Stress can also affect the digestive system. I had IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) for several years. I eliminated just about everything from my diet, did yoga and meditation and Tai Chi and nothing really helped. There was no real rhyme or reason or pattern to the foods that seemed to affect me. I had all sorts of tests even swallowed a camera at one point to get a look at my stomach which was quite interesting. Then one day I just said F this, I am not going to worry any more, I am just going to eat what I like and just bear the discomfit. I also took up running. It worked for me. Best wishes, Chris.

alicia
Community Member

thankyou for the replies and fir the advise, i went back to the doctor on sunday evening and they did one final test to rule out near enough everything and it turns out i have ibs and a stomach parasite called helicobactor pylori the symptons i was having with ny stomach are because if this but i have been prescribed anti biotics for the next 2 months and hopefully that will get rid of the bug. its given me some peace if mind on why i lost my appetie and why ive lost so much weight. however i still feel anxious abiut everytging and have spoke to my husband and family  and got them to look at the beyond blue website and decided together that i do need help still with my anxiety and phobias so i have booked in with my doctor next wednesday to get a referral to a phsycologist  nearby who will hopefully help me get better and stop thinking the way i do. thankyou again.

alicia

If you feel better DON'T stop the antibiotic course.  It needs to run the full distance.  Adios, David.

Hi,

I agree with

The Real David Charles said:If you feel better DON'T stop the antibiotic course.  It needs to run the full distance.  Adios, David.

Even if you do not feel better probably best to take the full course.

I hope this does not come out the wrong way but I am glad you found a physical problem to deal with and that your family have come on board to support you with your anxiety.

cheers,

Mulberry